Search results

1. G

Truthful Pyramid Lake Report

https://www.pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/ Here's a link for Rob's blog. You know that the winds are something you should take very seriously when a Guide Service has Quick Links to "Real Time Wind Gauge and Lake Wind Forecast" included in their website.
  2. G

Wet Flies for Lakes

Wow, Matt B, same fly posted within 1 minute of each other, what's the odds of that.
  3. G

Wet Flies for Lakes

Jack Gartside's Sparrow is my "go to" searching pattern in a new to me Lake.
  4. 1707680243345.png

1707680243345.png

5. G

What's in your vise?

I too am sorry to hear this, Norm. I'm going to miss viewing your always well-presented traditional flies. I've always been awed with your finished heads, in terms of size and glossiness. Good luck to you and thanks for your contributions to this site.
  6. G

Bass flies

Mine showed up today. All I can say is, wow, what an excellent assortment of professional tied bass flies. Rich, your skills at spinning deer hair is second to none. Thank you very much for including me in your generous offer. You'll be in my thought's every time I tied one of your creations on...
  7. G

SFR Corner crossing update

Technically yes, you could label Montana's Governor Gianforte as a California transplant. He was born in San Diego and moved to Pennsylvania at the age of 3 where he lived until he left to attend college in New Jersey. He Co-founded a software company while living in New Jersey that was...
  8. G

Holiday Lake Fly Assortment (Attractor Patterns) available

Paul, it would be an honor to be included in your fly assortment drawing. Thanks
  9. G

Reel Seat Parts Source?

I recently had the threaded main body of my Winston LTX reel seat separate from the insert while fighting a fish. I was able to save the body, reel and fish, but lost the reel foot ring (hood?) in the process. I was wondering if anyone is aware of a source to purchase the hood only, or do I have...
  10. 639E31B3-9370-4FB0-B790-9A0896DDB46B.jpeg

639E31B3-9370-4FB0-B790-9A0896DDB46B.jpeg

11. G

YES SIR SON

https://www.flyfisherman.com/editorial/Fly-Fisher-Wins-Bass-Tournament/387476
  12. G

Source for 1mm and .5mm foam?

I'm not finding 1mm foam at either JoAnn's online or my local store, multiple colors in 2mm available though. If you do find it, please share your source. Thanks
  13. G

help identifying classic fishing sunglasses

Yes, those are definitely Action Optics by Smith’s. I have a identical pair with that logo but without the ear wraps that I purchase from Madison River Fishing Company in the early 90’s. As mentioned they are real glass and heavy, the lens are very large, they almost look like goggles. These...
  14. G

A hoody that will elevate your next adventure

Not another cheap hoody thread! Sorry, but I can't understand why anyone would want to take the most important link between an angler and the sun and not ensure that the link between the two is as good as possible. Sorry, couldn't resist, marketing be dam.
  15. G

Fly Swatter

Fly Swatter
  16. G

Favorite affordable hook brand/series?

The gentleman asked about affordable hooks. In my mind and experience, affordable hooks do not necessarily mean cheap hooks. The Fly Shop has been selling their affordable hooks for many years. I'm sure that would not be the case if they were cheap hooks. Now, affordable tippet material is a...
  17. G

Awesome Dogs of PNW

He's a true lab, loves the water.
  18. DSCN0235.JPG

DSCN0235.JPG

19. G

Favorite affordable hook brand/series?

I've also had good luck with The Fly Shop brand down to size 20.
  20. G

Bring Back the Hook Keeper!

My Titan Rod Vault (now Thule Rod Vault) doesn't like hook keepers either. The hook keepers on all my rods are on the underside in line with the reel seat. As designed while stored in the rod vault, the weight of the rod and reel is carried by the hook keeper, until it fails. My solution has...