Search results

1. Cliff

Zig when they zag...

My goodness, you post the coolest bamboo rod and fish pictures I've ever seen.
  2. Cliff

Valley of Fire

I love VOF. My mom & dad used to go to Vegas all the time. My mom loved playing slots for hours on end, but my dad and I were bored to tears with gamboling, so we would always drive out to the VOF to explore. It's such an incredible place. Did you see "Mouse's tank"? I also used to go on...
  3. Cliff

Bamboo Fling 2024

Thanks Mike. I might not be able to make it, but Robert Kope may show up.
  4. Cliff

Bamboo Fling 2024

The first Sunday in June is June 2nd. Has anyone agreed to what time the meetup is? Cliff
  5. Cliff

Bamboo Fling 2024

Sounds good to me, Mike.
  6. Cliff

Bamboo Fling 2024

That would be my preference, also. Years ago I went to the Bamboo Rodmakers gatherings a couple of times on the Metolius River and it was really nice to be able to fish. One day, maybe.
  7. Cliff

Might Make Ya Smile

"One day we're gonna meet back again". What a super cool little kid.
  8. Cliff

Past Bamboo Gatherings

All of us drew a blank on him that day. He was a bamboo rodmaker from Oregon who just happened to be up there fishing at Hancock the same day we were. Seems a little coincidental, but that's what I recall.
  9. Cliff

Past Bamboo Gatherings

And you have to spend that $300 QUICKLY once they go online!
  10. Cliff

Past Bamboo Gatherings

It looks like I'll be out of the country during this summer's bamboo rod gathering. That being the case, I thought I would post some photos of one of the first bamboo rod gatherings I ever attended. These photos were taken in May of 2009, at Hancock Lake. There weren't that many of us, but usual...
  11. Cliff

Youngs Pattern 1?

Boy and how, that's a loss to the silk line world. I might follow your suggestions.
  12. Cliff

Youngs Pattern 1?

I think Tim, Mike and others used Reed's method to strip and refinish some Zhu lines several years ago.
  13. Cliff

Youngs Pattern 1?

Agree wholeheartedly with Reed's instructions.
  14. Cliff

Youngs Pattern 1?

Dave, one of my favorite silk lines is an old level line I found on an ancient automatic fly reel. It's of a thinner diameter than my 5Dt silk lines so I'm thinking it's possibly a 4wt line. I works great on small streams where I use it on a 7ft 4wt bamboo rod.
  15. Cliff

More Acquisitions: Two Phillipson Rods and a Silk Line

Wish I could convince my wife of that.
  16. Cliff

Gus, I think it's an acquired taste. Even bamboo guys differ on silk vs. plastic. For me, the sheer joy in fishing a silk line more than makes up for hassles in maintenance, For the record, my dad and his brother both hated silk lines and were happy that more modern lines had become available.
  17. Cliff

Another cougar attack near Snoqualmie

Article on King5 this morning. That woman is looking at a lot of surgeries down the line.
  18. Cliff

Getting ready to retire and I'm getting my licks in before I go headlong into poverty row.
  19. Cliff

Dave & Ron, thank you for your input. Dave, thanks for taking the time to upload so many awesome photos. Much appreciated. Cliff