Search results

1. M

Scott G series

Looking to add a 4wt for fishing here in SW MT. I have the the Centric 5wt which is a great rod, but looking for a medium flex rod. Anyone cast the 8’8 4wt?
  2. M

MT High Alpine Lakes

My wife has graciously agreed to go on a week long fishing road trip for the first week of July. We usually make the short drive to the Madison every year and catch the Salmon fly hatch, but I’ve been growing tired of the crowds. I’ve gained an interest in Stillwater fishing lately, especially...
  3. M

Drift boat motor repair

I purchased a second hand Tohatsu 3.5 4 stroke motor. By the end of summer, it was having problems with idling and throttle response. I’m by no means a mechanic, but could this be possibly due to a gummed up Carb? If that’s the case, how many hours should it take for a mechanic to clean it...
  4. M

Alaska Remote Floats

A couple buddies and I are looking to book a DYI float in Alaska next year. We haven’t finalized dates, but Silvers and Trout are the desired goal. Any recommendations on rivers or outfitters to fly out with would be greatly appreciated.
  5. M

Drift boat trailer

A hub on my drift boat trailer blew the other day while heading to the river. The shop I dropped it off with stated the trailer would need a new axle.. They quoted me $550 with labor. Is this a fair amount for an axle replacement ?
  6. M

SB 497 - Attack on Stream Access

LAWS Detailed Bill Information Page SB 497 has a hearing scheduled today in Senate Judiciary. This bill would severely undermine the public's ability to maintain prescriptive easements for stream access and it would create a massive barrier to groups who actually sue to maintain access points...
  7. M

Perdigons

What’s your favorite Perdigon pattern? Looking to fie up a few different patterns.
  8. M

Pyramid lake

Finding some cheap flights to Reno for March. Pyramid has always been on my bucket list. Thinking about hiring a guide one day and fishing on my own for a day or two. Planning on bringing my Sage X 7wt and my Winston 4wt spey rod. Any recommendations on outfitters, flies or places to fish ?
  9. M

Ascension Bay

Heading to to Ascension Bay in April. Have a 7wt Sage X I figured I’d bring down for Bone fish if the wind isn’t too bad. Debating between a 9 or 10wt. Looking suggestions on rods & reels. Thanks,
  10. M

X Factor Worms

Has anyone used X Factor material for tying up worms? https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-gear-supplies/soft-baits/worms/x-factor-steelhead-slayer-worms/p/p1369081
  11. M

IFTD

Some cool items this year.
  12. M

Jet boats

Anyone on here using a jet boat in MT? I’m looking for something in the 16-18ft range that I can use for hunting & fishing through out Montana. 70/30 split between river and lake use. Mostly fish with one or two people max so I don’t need a lot of room. I’m really torn on whether to get a...
  13. M

Some where in the Rocky Mountains.

My wife and I have been planning this trip for years. We finally checked it off our bucket list this past summer. We packed up our Sotar, a few rods and some dehydrated meals. It was a brutal ten hours on horseback traveling 30 miles over the mountain pass. We got to the confluence a few hours...