Search results

1. M

Run Etiquette

Etiquette is very subjective. Some people Lack common sense, are uninformed or are just an asshole. Was fishing a particular known section of the Madison for risers the other day when a guide and two clients approached me and asked if they could fish below me. I thanked them for the courtesy...
  2. M

Streamlining my boat options - NRS Slipstream 96??

https://www.outcastboats.com/product/pac-1150/
  3. M

Cold weather coming this week, get those hose bibs covered...

1 degree is a heat wave compared to here. -72 in Malta
  4. IMG_7729.jpeg

IMG_7729.jpeg

5. M

Run Etiquette

If you think that’s bad, try fishing the Barns Hole in YNP.
  6. M

Here a picture for perspective.
  7. 1705021658157.jpeg

1705021658157.jpeg

8. M

https://www.nrs.com/nrs-spare-oar-keeper/pb1g
  9. M

Too many factors to consider. 7ft seems very small, unless they are running in very skinny water perhaps? Check your local raft spot and see if you can demo / rent 7ft and 8ft oar. Otherwise, it’s going be trial and error.
  10. M

Scott G series

Purchased the 884 last night. What is everyone using a line and reel on this particular model?
  11. IMG_7652.jpeg

IMG_7652.jpeg

12. M

MT High Alpine Lakes

Have a season pass to Big Sky. Went out on New Years, vegetation & rocks still protruding through the snow base. Worse snowpack I’ve seen in a long time. Hoping for more snow.
  13. IMG_7646.png

IMG_7646.png

14. M

Scott G series

I haven’t found a single negative review yet which is promising. I plan on using for small to medium size rivers and alpine lakes.
  15. M

Scott G series

Looking to add a 4wt for fishing here in SW MT. I have the the Centric 5wt which is a great rod, but looking for a medium flex rod. Anyone cast the 8’8 4wt?
  16. M

MT High Alpine Lakes

Thanks. Ordered his latest copy off Amazon. Can’t wait to give it a read.
  17. M

MT High Alpine Lakes

My wife is due in a few weeks so will have a 5 month old along with our two year old on this trip so over night backcountry trips are a no go. The majority of hikes will include my oldest son and myself, while my wife watches the newborn from the RV. We did a multi overnight trip in...
  18. IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

19. M

MT High Alpine Lakes

My wife has graciously agreed to go on a week long fishing road trip for the first week of July. We usually make the short drive to the Madison every year and catch the Salmon fly hatch, but I’ve been growing tired of the crowds. I’ve gained an interest in Stillwater fishing lately, especially...
  20. M

Stolen Gear Alert

Happens every time I take my wife’s rig since she has an Apple Tag on her key chain. The audible hack might buy you a little bit of time before they find it, or get annoyed/paranoid enough to toss what ever they stole out the window.