Search results

1. ColinShots

Just needed a tug…

After a long winter of not catching fish and @clarkman picking my pocket, I needed a tug on the end of my line. At this point, size didn’t matter. So, the boy and I went to a reliable lake for a bit of small, but necessary, action. A bit misty on the drive up. A nice calm cool morning. A...
  2. ColinShots

T&T HS908S Grain Window?

Hey all. I recently acquired a older T&T Horizon HS908S (two piece), and was hoping one of you fine people could let me know the rod's preferred grain window. True to size 8wt lines? Over-line it? Let me know your thoughts. As always, thanks for your help!
  3. ColinShots

Playing hooky again

I let son number one skip school today so we could both play hooky at a well-traveled lake near Mt. Hood. The weather was perfect; warm, a slight breeze, and not a cloud in the sky. The fishing, on the other hand was more challenging. Neither one of us could seem to crack the code. We’d each...
  4. ColinShots

Polyleader question

How do y'all attach tippet too your floating and intermediate polyleaders? Perfection loop, tippet ring, micro swivel? Just trying to see if there is a prevailing consensus.
  5. ColinShots

Lost Fish Cat Scout stripping apron 9/2/2023 @ Harriet Lake

Like an idiot, I left the stripping apron for my scout in the parking lot at Harriet Lake yesterday (9/2/2023). If you happened to pick it up or stumbled upon it, it would be great to get it back. Alternatively, if you have a spare compatible apron gathering dust I would certainly be interested...
  6. ColinShots

Yard sale find

Picked up this Ott-Lite floor lamp for $2 at a yard sale. I thought y’all might appreciate that deal (my kids certainly didn’t). Now I need to spend some time reorganizing the tying bench…
  7. ColinShots

What’s up with this line?

I just picked up a reel on eBay, and excuse my ignorance, but what’s up with the line? Is this just a DIY attempt to add a front loop? Whether I keep the line or replace has yet to be determined, but if I did keep it, do you see any benefit to keep this, or would you cut it off and nail knot on...
  8. ColinShots

Simms repair/replacement (actual) turnaround time?

Hey gang. Does anyone have any recent experience with a Simms wader repair, and how long it took? They're covering the repair under warranty, but the turnaround estimate in the automated email is 5-7 weeks. I have some backup waders, so it's not the end of the world, but it it would be cool if...
  9. ColinShots

FF857 Line Suggestions

Hey gang. I'm sure this has been brought up, if not here, on other forums for sure. But I thought I'd get your input. I picked up a later FF857 at an antique mall for pretty cheap. This is in fact my first glass rod. I was wondering what modern lines/weights y'all would recommend. Thanks in...
  10. ColinShots

What’s up with this smallmouth?

Pulled this one out of the Willamette this morning. Does anyone have any idea what going on with it? Spawn related? Disease? Predation?
  11. ColinShots

Misty Morning

Nothing crazy, just a nice misty morning on the lake with the boy (who’s bigger than me now). Small fish were caught and good times were had.
  12. ColinShots

SOLD Force Fins Dive Fins, Size XXL

Looking to sell, or trade, a pair of excellent condition XXL Force Fins. They are just a touch too small for my size 11 Korkers. Should work with a smaller wading boot or dive bootie. Looking for $75 (obo) for them. May be interested in a trade. Whatcha got?
  13. ColinShots

Playing hooky in the coast range

I decided to take the morning off and head out to a super secret lake in the Oregon coast range. It turned out to be great fishing. Only stockers, and nothing big, but I ended up losing count over the course of a couple hours. Some of these pellet eaters were pretty feisty too. Here’s a few...
  14. ColinShots

Wife came home with a cool Goodwill find

The wife went to Goodwill today and came home with this massive framed print. Just thought I’d share it with y’all.
  15. ColinShots

Tying on shanks...

I started tying a few months ago on a Renzetti Traveler (2000, I think). I'm beginning to tie some winter steelhead stuff on shanks (just waddington at this time), and my current vise doesn't seem like it's the best at this. What do you all suggest? Am I being stupid, and my vise is fine? Should...
  16. ColinShots

Wanted Galvan Rush Light 5 Spool (Black)

I know it's a long shot, but if you have a spare Galvan Rush Light 5 spool in black lying around, I'd love to talk. I'm in Portland, but I'm willing to pay shipping. Thanks in advance!
  17. ColinShots

Wading Boot Insoles?

Does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket insoles for wading boots. I've developed plantar fasciitis and a heel spur on my left foot over the past year, and it sucks. I'm using various insoles in my street shoes, but I'm not sure how well they would fare after some time on/in the...
  18. ColinShots

Portland spey casting instructors?

Hey there. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for a killer spey casting instructor in Portland. I've used the google machine, but any of your knowledge or thoughts on your first-hand experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks!