Search results

1. ColinShots

Just needed a tug…

After a long winter of not catching fish and @clarkman picking my pocket, I needed a tug on the end of my line. At this point, size didn’t matter. So, the boy and I went to a reliable lake for a bit of small, but necessary, action. A bit misty on the drive up. A nice calm cool morning. A...
  2. ColinShots

Blob Flies!

I mixed it up. Top and bottom rows have two on jigs, two on a wide gap scud-ish hook with a tungsten bead, and two unweighted. Other rows have some combination of the same (determined by what beads I had on hand).
  3. ColinShots

Blob Flies!

Just wrapped up one side of a small box with these.
  4. IMG_6687.jpeg

IMG_6687.jpeg

5. ColinShots

Warm spring weather is coming! What are your fishing plans?

I was thinking the same thing...
  6. ColinShots

Anyone use the Fishpond Thunderhead Hip Pack?

Another non-direct comparison, but I also have a Patagucci waterproof hip pack. It's comfortable enough with the shoulder strap. The main zipper is a bit a of a chore to open and close, even if you keep it lubed. The Thunderhead's main zipepr is a different design, so maybe it's easier. One...
  7. ColinShots

FS Ives's Crusin Casa-any interest in this?

Such a bummer.
  8. ColinShots

Blob Flies!

9. IMG_6623.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

10. IMG_6624.jpeg

IMG_6624.jpeg

11. ColinShots

New Motor: Which Color?

Gotta go white.
  12. ColinShots

Garmin Striker Questions

Bought a Striker 4 on sale from Cabela’s last week for $99.
  13. ColinShots

T&T HS908S Grain Window?

Thanks for the response and the info!
  14. ColinShots

T&T HS908S Grain Window?

Hey all. I recently acquired a older T&T Horizon HS908S (two piece), and was hoping one of you fine people could let me know the rod's preferred grain window. True to size 8wt lines? Over-line it? Let me know your thoughts. As always, thanks for your help!
  15. ColinShots

What's in your vise?

Sure. Hook: whatever 2xl nymph hook you like, #10 - 12. Thread: I really like the semperfli nano silk 50d, but again, use whatever you like. I like black regardless of the fly color. Weight: 6-10 wraps of .020 wire Tail: marabou Wingcase: more marabou. Rib: small/medium wire, whatever color you...
  16. ColinShots

What's in your vise?

Tied up a few of Denny’s stillwater nymphs.
  17. IMG_6584.jpeg

IMG_6584.jpeg

18. IMG_6586.jpeg

IMG_6586.jpeg

19. ColinShots

What's in your vise?

I kept it stupid simple. Four 10mm shanks (with a fifth attaching the hook). I used the minnow body wrap on this one and colored with markers. It's remarkably easy to work with. Wrap it, brush/pick it out, and do an initial trim. Once the fly was done I just kind of trimmed it like an EP minnow...
  20. ColinShots

What's in your vise?

First go at a game changer.