Search results

1. et64

Pizza oven thread

I have been using my metal peel for both turning and removing. In the future I will probably pick up a turning peel, but what I have is working for me at the moment.
  2. et64

Pizza oven thread

I have been using semolina instead of cornmeal, which seems to burn less (less sugars?). This summer I ran out of semolina in the middle of making pizza. I started using the technique that mcswny uses (flour and blowing underneath), and it has been working far better than using semolina on the...
  3. et64

Pizza oven thread

My pizza oven runs at 900+ for Napoli style pizza. Around 2 min. cook time.
  4. et64

Cooler/Ice Chest recommendations

Fwiw - The Lifetime coolers are bear proof and are made in the US.
  5. et64

Pizza oven thread

Wow, not quite as bad as I expected. I had thought about building an oven in my backyard a few years ago, but I expected a long lengthy heat up time which would preclude me from spontaneous pizza making. I ended up getting a Uuni pizza oven instead ... but still have to plan ahead of time...
  6. et64

Pizza oven thread

How long does the oven take to heat up to cooking temperature?
  7. et64

2023 Bamboo Fling?

I'm sorry that I missed it again. Hopefully the stars will align for next year.
  8. et64

Hip Replacement

Thank you everybody for your great comments, feedback, and advice! They're doing the anterior technique, and said I will be going home that night. What amazes me it that the surgery itself takes around an hour.
  9. et64

Hip Replacement

Thank you SurfnFish! That's encouraging to hear, it sounds like there may be a bit of hope that I'll be able to fish this fall. It sounds like I will have to check out the basu ball. Apparently my daughter has used one in PT before and thought it was great.
  10. et64

Hip Replacement

I have an upcoming hip replacement at the end of the month. For those who have had one in the past, how long did you have to wait until you were able to fish again? (walk & wade, float tube) Also, any tips, tricks, gotchas post surgery? (It's also my first surgery) Thanks!
  11. et64

NFR What I’m Drinking. What I’m Thinking.

Drinking an old fashioned, filling out paperwork and contemplating my upcoming hip replacement.
  12. et64

SFR HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN B

Happy Belated Birthday!
  13. et64

Tell me about your favorite glass rods

The 4/5 Steffen, it's a better weight for where I'm finishing. If I was going to pick up a 2nd one, I would get the 5/6.
  14. et64

Good eye, it's a 8' 1-1/2f like yours. I would say that the Steffen casts closer to a bamboo rod than a graphite one. I tend to like rods on the slower side, and this one seems to hit a sweet spot for me. It's faster than the Heddon, and feels like it has a bit more power to it as I'm...
  15. et64

I have a Steffen 8' 3/4 4/5 that I got from Shane at Greywolf last summer. I used it on a trip to Northern Idaho this past fall and loved fishing the rod. It casts so nicely that it makes my casts look like I know what I'm doing. :ROFLMAO: (Uh oh - I typed in the wrong rod size, it's a 4/5 not...
  16. Steffen.jpg

Steffen.jpg

17. et64

Hi Mike, I'm sorry, but I will not be able to pick the stove up tomorrow. My father just passed...

Hi Mike, I'm sorry, but I will not be able to pick the stove up tomorrow. My father just passed away. Eric
  18. et64

Hi Mike, Thank you! It looks like I will be in the area on Monday the 28th, in the afternoon...

Hi Mike, Thank you! It looks like I will be in the area on Monday the 28th, in the afternoon. Eric
  19. et64

Hi Mike, is the stove still available? I'm interested in it and will be in the area either...

Hi Mike, is the stove still available? I'm interested in it and will be in the area either Tuesday or the following Monday (28th). - Eric
  20. et64

First attempt at Smoked Salmon

Please be aware that Diamond and Morton Kosher salt are very different due to the way each is made. Morton is denser that Diamond. Most recipes that call for Kosher are usually referring to Diamond Crystal Kosher and not Morton Kosher. I found out the hard way . . ...