Search results

1. D

Questions about Fishpond Nomad Guide Nets

Merry Christmas everyone. Ive got a rare chance to treat myself and am interested in maybe buying this net. I need a good drift boat net for Lakes. Something for an aging boomster to lean over the side of the gunwale to boat a fish. Is this the right net for me? Does it float? Those that...
  2. D

Question for you folks

Morning, I am getting older, weaker and wider. I was wondering if you all have used something like this and/or if you think it will be stout enough to allow me to move my driftboat in and out of my fenced in back yard. https://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb-trailer-dolly-60533.html Any and all...
  3. D

Question for any Ketchum Release Tool Users

Evening all, Im curious as to any feedback from users of the Ketchum Release Tool. My adult daughter has a hard time unhooking her fish even using hemosats. Finger dexterity is the issue, I think. She mainly uses flies from size #20 dries up to 4 inch Streamers. Those that have used the...
  4. D

Asking for some input

So, for years I used the nice thick plastic shopping bags from say, Walmart, Bimart, Freddies for a myriad of uses about the house, camp and boat. In the boat, I hung them off the gunwale as a handy dandy trash basket, for a days float. Now that those bags are being phased out, I was...
  5. D

Memorial Day

Please take a moment and remember the reason for the Holiday. We owe so much to so many. Thank You. Bob
  6. D

Question for you folks regarding Securing Driftboat Oars

Hey all, Scrimped and saved for a long time and was recently fortunate to buy a pair of 9 foot, Sawyer Squaretop Oars. I would hate to lose them to theft so............ can anyone share some ideas on how to deter the theft of Oars ? Ive looked at the Python Lock system and this may be...
  7. D

Looking for Info on TideWe Waders

Tried searching the archives and was unsuccessful. Could be I did it wrong. If already discussed, I apologize in advance for the repetition. My son is looking for a decent pair of reasonably priced Breathable Waders. He is looking at TideWe Waders. If anyone would like to share their...
  8. D

Little upfront but Im gonna ask

Hey all. Happy Weekend. Enjoy it as Winter is returning in a few days. So here goes. I want to learn how to flyfish for Carp. I live in Redmond, Oregon. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the direction of a nearby ( 1 hour to 1.5 hour travel time) Carp Fishery? I know, I...
  9. D

Question for the Forum Regarding the Disabled Fishing Permit.

Okay folks. I have an elderly friend who I think qualifies for the ODFW Disabled Angler Fishing Permit. He wants to fish the Deschutes next season from my Driftboat. I found this in the ODFW Regualtions which allows a Disabled Permit holder to : Fish from an anchored boat, or other floating...
  10. D

Calling on the knowledge of the group regarding the Burns, Oregon area

Hey all, Merry Christmas. Happy 2023. Ill be around Burns in the late Spring of 2023, for about a week. Can anyone share any must see attractions, events and/or some nearby fishing areas? We will be glamping at Crane Hot Springs. Thank you in advance, for any and all help. Bob
  11. D

Question for Oregon Drift Boat Guys

Happy Holidays and thanks for looking at my post. Ive got a 16 foot Fish Rite Driftboat with no motor. It is oar propelled only. I read the Oregon Boat Regulations. From what I can gather, I do not need to Register the boat. Is that correct? Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, so Ill...
  12. D

Another threat to the Central Oregon Ecosystem

Hello all, Heres yet another threat to the beauty and uniqueness, of the Central Oregon Ecosystem. This is a large scale endeavor. Appears the biggest worry is that the healthy state of the HUGE, Skyline Forest, just West of Bend, will be sold to the highest bidder, who may turn it into...
  13. D

Question for you all

I am a techno idiot so please bear wth me. What does the little square box that precedes some threads mean. I am talking about the SFR or NFR little icons? Thank you. Bob
  14. D

Please help the Metolius

My friend Jeff Perin sent out this email link to help protect the Metolius River. If you have a moment, please let your voice be heard. Thank you. Bob https://www.tu.org/conservation/action-center/?vvsrc=%2fCampaigns%2f96783%2fRespond
  15. D

Driftboat Cover Question

Hey all, I recently acquired a 2001, 16 foot X 48 inch, Fishrite Driftboat. The boat came with a nice boat cover but I will need to replace it in about a year or so. Can anyone recommend who can do this for me? FWIW it has the rear anchor setup, which willneed to be included in the pattern...
  16. D

Hey all AquaZ Waders Question

Anyone have experience with this Brand? If so what are your thoughts. Thank you in advance. Bob
  17. D

For those of you who love Central Oregon ( A Threat to Public Access - Got to act fast )

Please consider signing this opposition letter. https://www.centraloregonlandwatch.org/update/thornburgh I believe the closing date is March 17, 2022. Its a horrible idea, especially with the continuing drought and the loss of access to public land. Thank you. Bob