Search results

1. D

NFR protecting that siding

@SurfnFish thank you for this thread.
  2. D

SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

What a great deal. Beautiful little boat too.
  3. D

Flashlight?

@Zak, I agree with you. The new, LED, Mini Mag Lite Pro, I picked up, is incredibly bright, light weight and small in size. USA made. Hell of a price point for what you get. Ive been using mag lites for decades ( work and leisure/ full size and mini models). Im very impressed with LED...
  4. D

Tippet spool management

What Sculpin Swinger has done is nice. Ive DIY those and they work great. What I dont like about them is the eventual stretch of the rubber, rendering them about useless. Instead of making them anymore, I just use dollar tree scrunchies. If you do this, make sure you get the scruchies that...
  5. D

vices?

@RCF, If I understand you correctly, you are saying you like the stability of the C Clamp but It doesn't fit ( open wide enough to grab onto) some Campground Tables..is that right? I ran into that a few times, especially on the older picnic tables, at USFS camps. I just take a small, thin...
  6. D

Custom rod - help identify?

Pure Class all around. Gorgeous.
  7. D

vices?

Regal Medallion C Clamp, for the last 38 years. Ties everything I've ever needed from #26 Dries to Bass Flies. Caveat...I dont fish Saltwater. I dont tie Tube Flies. I dont tie Musky Flies. The C Clamp model allows a person to raise and lower the height of the Jaws. This becomes more...
  8. D

What's in your vise?

@Little Fork, Nice looking flies. Just a heads up...............you will probably become addicted. Have fun. Bob
  9. D

2-Piece Rods

@Dr. Magill, Timeless, old school tip. Wipe/roll the male end of your ferrule connection on your nose. The grease helps to get the ferrules apart after use. Or if you use lip balm, wipe against your recently doctored lips. Carmex works great. Back to the OP post...........I terribly miss...
  10. D

Tying Soft Hackle Flies

@Cliff, If you dont know this, you can still look up all those great patterns and info for FlyAnglers Online. At least I could last Fall. Terrible shame when there stopped being an active Fly Anglers Online. I still go back for a lot of their Bass Patterns. Nothing much more fun than a...
  11. D

Litter

That anti litter campaign ad mentioned above, evidently, has surfaced again but not in a good way. Indigenous peoples dont like the portrayal of the Native person. Personally, I feel the ad had no ill intent and was pretty impactful and also tastefully done. Be that as it may, I always...
  12. D

Might Make Ya Smile

Perfect. Cheered me up on a kinda shitty day. Thank you.
  13. D

NFR What Are You Reading

Flyfishing for Sharks, Richard Louv. Not sure how I missed this when it came out in 2000. Just cracked it open last nite. Rich and entertaining.
  14. D

Bamboo Fling 2024

Redmond Oregon or Redmond Washington
  15. D

UV Resin

Ditto what SurfnFish said. But Ive only been tying with UV for the last two years ish. Same light, same UV resin though. YMMV but Ive been more than pleased with the results. I may have got lucky on the UV light but I aint changing. Have a great weekend all.
  16. D

Smallmouth Flies Advice Request

Hey Robert, Have fun on your adventure. Check out some you tube videos on NED Flies. I just got done tying a bunch. I think they are gonna work just fine and can be very fly rod friendly and very fly rod efficient. I tied up some Raineys Rich's Ultimate Worm Flies and some Snake River Fly...
  17. D

Decked truck bed drawer system

Morning, Steve I was able to DIY, a raised bed system for my daughters Ford Ranger. I was able to make it to where she could set up and take down, without tools. Think carriage bolts and wingnuts. For under the raised bed storage you can find the appropriate sized plastic containers...
  18. D

Hunting pictures

Mtnsaremyhome, Nicely done! Looks about perfect. Bob
  19. D

*VINTAGE* Borger Wading Boots.

Very kind offer. These were the best made in their time. Someone needs to use them.