Search results

1. HauntedByWaters

Rufus giant!

What a turd!
  2. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

Every once in a while the sun is out and it is heaven. But I will admit those days are rare.
  3. DB3DAFC4-0D67-4ED6-B31C-09FF9DC7DB3E.jpeg

DB3DAFC4-0D67-4ED6-B31C-09FF9DC7DB3E.jpeg

4. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

You forgot the steelhead tattoo. The ultimate display of dedication to the Mountain Dew of fish.
  5. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

Thats steelhead fishing right there. None of that pansy ass dick tugging smile for the camera bullshit. Men puke, men poop on the river, men deliver their new born baby on the bank. Fucking hard core dick in the ass steelheading fuck it chuck it game time shit. Take it to the boat launch. Dicks...
  6. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

Its because steelhead fishermen embrace experiences that would make most people wish death on themselves. They look hopeless odds in the face and then punch them in the mouth. They thrive in weather conditions that would leave the average man crying and soiled like a baby. Steelhead fishing is...
  7. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

I was bank fishing the Sauk about a month ago when a raft was parked nearby and 4 guys were fishing across from me. I hooked up and my fish jumped a couple times and those guys were hooting and hollering for me. I didn't make a sound. When I got the fish near the bank downstream it was a sand...
  8. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

The young guides are the worst. The Clacka mentioned above has anchored two rod lengths from me to fish the boulder I was fishing. They caught a steelhead netted it and brought it into the boat and then traversed the entire river for pics. Another dozen boats came through after that and all of...
  9. HauntedByWaters

2024 Skagit Steelhead

I just looked up this fly and it doesn’t look like an egg. A single egg looks perfectly round. In my opinion that perfect roundness with nothing dangling off of it is extremely important. This intruder does not do that. For what I am talking about I would rather tie some tiny yarnies.
  10. HauntedByWaters

2024 NOF

It is crazy that the powers that be are supposedly concerned with hatchery genetics mingling with wild genetics when last year we had a closed river that had over 4000 hatchery chinook return to the hatchery and many were spawning all over the river itself. They were everywhere. The year prior...
  11. HauntedByWaters

2024 NOF

Smalma, since it appears you have been paying attention, where are we at for Nooksack springers this year?
  12. HauntedByWaters

2024 Skagit Steelhead

Egg patterns are legit to me, and I almost never see fly guys swinging them. If you don’t like beads then tie some. A floating line is a great way to fish them especially if they have a little weight in them. You can high stick and stack mend to get them deeper. If I was going through a run...
  13. HauntedByWaters

2024 Skagit Steelhead

This time of year the days are long. I either get up super early and beat the shit show to my number one ranked rock, or I arrive to the river at 1 or 2 and fish until dark and plan to camp on a good spot for the last couple hours of day. I see a lot of fly fishermen everywhere these days and...
  14. HauntedByWaters

It finally happened, almost

coastalcutty, you hooked two steelhead on a fly rod in a week, you will get no sympathy from me. Time to make a video, design some rods, write a book, plan a parade.
  15. HauntedByWaters

Montana man used animal tissue and testicles to breed ‘giant’ sheep for sale to hunting preserves (Bos Globe)

I’m not surprised, in Montana people have been trying to breed half man half sheep since the first settlements.
  16. HauntedByWaters

Boat bags?

https://www.amazon.com/Daiwa-D-VEC-Boat-Bag-DBBG-2-GRY/dp/B099NTQBYD/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=1L76SZ1S9651X&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.TdREe0mhCmikajW88U_nT8XDS3pq-sSYdosUfx9c9aEbDkDStVW9rVgazF77934j6dLYMcJstk0yGo2zidviWlCAYV2sm8VAbRr88cI7PlyMllOsDSvfUY0Q0Tg952x137rHfKWT3cuYTVWNZuUsncU0CY5LpfJhAFVGQIZE46vmnbNg1...
  17. HauntedByWaters

It finally happened, almost

Congrats! I would call that caught. I know it is less satisfying this way but you will get more and get pics and stuff as time goes on. You will also get better at reading the fish and when to tail it. It’s really hard to safely get a good pic of a steelhead by yourself. So as long as that fly...
  18. HauntedByWaters

2024 NOF

The way I calculate my impact on coho is I go fishing and maybe release a handful a year because I am no fishing God and I have a full time job, I then go to the grocery stores and see a whole bunch of them for sale and pat myself on the back for not buying them and supporting the net harvest of...
  19. HauntedByWaters

NFR Buy on the Crypto Dip?

BTC just hit all time high for a millisecond. Some people are claiming it will be at $140K this year. I doubt that but I would probably sellout if that were the case and rebuy once it comes back down to earth for a couple days. Don’t buy right now, wait for the next dip.
  20. HauntedByWaters

NFR Buy on the Crypto Dip?

It’s like gold. It doesn’t make much sense that it is a safe place to store money in simple terms, but it is a pretty safe place to store money. I bought at $25, $55, and around $900. All based on a friend’s advice that is much smarter than me. It makes me feel guilty how much I made. If it...