IMG_2950.jpeg

2. IMG_2963.jpeg

IMG_2963.jpeg

3. SteelHeadDave

Go to lake fly?

These work well for me.
  4. SteelHeadDave

What's in your vise?

@Stonedfish is an inspiration to all salty fisher folk on this forum and beyond. I know I’ve learned a lot from him and he has taught me a bunch and has inspired me a ton over the years.
  5. SteelHeadDave

What's in your vise?

Kelp greenling that probably needs more weight.
  6. IMG_2958.jpeg

IMG_2958.jpeg

7. SteelHeadDave

Got any bird pics?

For the last several years there has been a nesting pair of Cooper’s Hawks across the street from my girlfriend’s house in West Seattle. Last year we noticed that there were also hummingbirds that would fly in close proximity to the hawks when coming/going from the nesting tree. Turns out there...
  8. SteelHeadDave

Got any bird pics?

Makes sense. The local Stellar’s Jays certainly like it when I mow my lawn 😁
  9. SteelHeadDave

Rocks

Petrified log buried in the tidal zone.
  10. 1712387222928.jpeg

1712387222928.jpeg

11. SteelHeadDave

Rocks

I’ve been curious about this little one for years. Any guesses? Found while taking a break from fishing on a Whidbey island beach. Semi translucent and definitely more turquoise colored than other rocks I’ve found.
  12. IMG_2931.jpeg

IMG_2931.jpeg

13. IMG_2932.jpeg

IMG_2932.jpeg

14. IMG_2934.jpeg

IMG_2934.jpeg

15. SteelHeadDave

Got any bird pics?

Ok, one more strange bird sighting, at least for me. Not osprey but red tail hawks. I was passenger driving west bound near Ellensburg. A field had just been tilled and there was an huge group of red tail hawks all on the ground, feeding on what I would presume were moles or mice. There must...
  16. SteelHeadDave

Got any bird pics?

All of this talk about osprey has me thinking back to a day I had on Fish Lake (hwy 2) years ago. I was out for a few days camping with my buddy and we decided to put the canoe in the lake. I had never been on Fish Lake before and had no serious intention on fishing that hard. It had clearly...
  17. SteelHeadDave

A wet, windy week at Patagonian BaseCamp, Chile in mid-March

I always look forward to your trip reports Steve and this one did not disappoint. Your pictures and informative narrative of the local flora and fauna are truly appreciated. Thank you!
  18. SteelHeadDave

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

Does that house on the other side of the river have special access rights? They have the cable lines running across the river right to the tracks.Since the tracks are defunct now I guess it doesn’t really matter.
  19. SteelHeadDave

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

Railway companies absolutely take trespassing seriously. That being said you are unlikely to find enforcement via a railway company bull unless you are traversing a yard or lay-up to get to your fishing hole. Railway workers are generally pretty chill, the enforcement not so much. You are more...
  20. SteelHeadDave

What Are You Eating?

Backyard fireside burgers.