Search results

1. skyriver

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

I've had good luck with this style. I like Hare's ear for the body. When they get really aggressive I love stripping a Hare's ear Elk Hair Caddis minus the palmered hackle and sparse on the elk. Or just an Adams wet fly or soft hackle. Those are good days!
  2. skyriver

Get into Musky cheap or a spare

Not mine, but saw this in Marketplace. https://www.facebook.com/share/SZXdy6499NzfRnzV/?mibextid=kL3p88 Smoking deal.
  3. skyriver

River Rights ... Again

Yep. They have "connections".
  4. skyriver

River Rights ... Again

I heard it's decent for sharks.
  5. skyriver

River Rights ... Again

This is hilarious-
  6. skyriver

Stillie gamefish opportunities.

Oh sorry man, my rant was not directed at you. Just a general state of steelhead rant. Haha! Despite everything, it's so cool you have those family pics. I wish I had more of my family from that time period. Those people knew what work was!
  7. skyriver

How old? If it was WAY back then that area got the shit kicked out of it again in the 70s and 80s. I went to college at WWU in Bellingham. 86-91..ish. ;) I would get so irritated sitting in the Viking commons (overlooks the bay) watching ship after ship of raw logs headed for Japan. I never...
  8. 1712611947975.png

1712611947975.png

9. skyriver

Can wdfw fly drones?

If it means better enforcement than what I've seen the last 20 years then I'm all for drones.
  10. skyriver

This gets me going too! If WDFW is not showing a presence of enforcement on rivers like the Skagit or Sauk...where the hell are they? Handing out tickets at suburban stocker lakes because Terry kept 6 instead of 5? And I agree, if you close it then there are even fewer eyes watching it and...
  11. skyriver

Coffeepot Lake

Glad you got to fish it! Sorry about your friend. Hope that goes better than expected.
  12. skyriver

Westside lakes waking up?

It was good fishing and BS'n with you Steve. You too Lue. Steve may have C&R 31 trout, but I had 2 bluegill. :LOL: Evidently I was late for the hot bite. That work thing just mucks everything up.
  13. skyriver

What's in your vise?

Both are nice, but that muddler is FISHY!
  14. skyriver

Comment by 'skyriver' in article 'So you think you want to target Musky?'

Good stuff Randy. I can tell you actually catch musky because you didn't call them bastards or jerks a single time. :p
  15. skyriver

LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

Haha! Yep. Respect is a big deal! btw, totally agree with your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. There are many forms of disrespect when in the outdoors. I fished the Sky a few times per week for 9 years. Believe me, I know how to deal with weird, odd, and disrespectful behavior by "anglers". I think...
  16. skyriver

Skagit 570 Found - On the Skagit tonight

I use Big Game on my single-hand skagits, but prefer the old AirFlo Ridge 30lb for my 2 handers. Not as much distance, but I prefer the feel. This is an awesome story. Good work @Chris DeLeone !
  17. skyriver

LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

Playing loud music on a lake, river or hike when others are present is not respectful. It's plain old selfishness. btw, I believe music should be played loud and enjoyed to the fullest. Just not when it interferes with other's peace.
  18. skyriver

WA Stocking Schedule Release?

Maybe. I'd like to think not based on some of the people I know that live on the lake. And I'd like to think residents wouldn't be putting their gear on in the boat while it idles and drifts into the swimming area, within casting range of numerous anglers. I could see kids of residents doing...
  19. skyriver

WA Stocking Schedule Release?

Funny, Lue and I were discussing this about Meridian. Supposedly 8k fish stocked on March 12th. Lue fished it on the 16th and I fished it on the 17th. I had the Striker 4 rigged up and saw all of 7 fish. 3 of those were at 39+ feet deep. I only saw about 4 fish that I think were planters. I...