Search results

1. Brute

Panama

So…my wife grew up in the Canal Zone from 1964 to 1976…her dad was a canal pilot and later the harbor master. Her childhood friend , who was born in the Canal Zone, decided to bring her mother’s ashes back to Panama to rest with her father that was buried there. Initially, this was supposed to...
  2. Brute

Valley of Fire

We had friends visiting us in southern NV from WA, and they wanted to go here…
  3. Brute

March Madness 2024

The selection committee just announced the bracket…
  4. Brute

Super Bowl LVIII Food Spread

What is everyone doing with food, snacks and libations in preparation for the big game today?
  5. Brute

Experience with streamer lines from a boat

I’m looking at two 7wt floating lines to throw with an 8’6” dedicated streamer rod for throwing junk to the bank from a boat; I’ve already decided on an Airflo Superflo Ridge 2.0 streamer max short for a sinking tip line… The lines I’m looking at are the SA Amplitude Titan Long & the Airflo...
  6. Brute

East Truckee

The view from my cabin over the Truckee River…at 8:00 am, it’s 29 degrees…in an hour, it will be 40, and by 4:00, it will be 70. We are going to head east and fish the Nevada side of the river, hopefully chucking streamers…but it’s going to be a sunny day, so… To be continued…
  7. Brute

Katmai 2023

Heading to the Katmai Peninsula again in a couple days…cannot wait. To be continued…
  8. Brute

US Open

A great story developing in the US Open…Caroline Wozniaki, who retired in 2020 and has had two children, is making a comeback and advancing to the round of 16 in the US Open after not playing professional tennis for 3 years and 8 months…
  9. Brute

Heartbroken for Lahaina

I am so deeply saddened as to what has happened to the old whaling town of Lahaina and the people that have lost their lives... I've been there many times...and spent a week living on a boat in Lahaina Harbor working on a film shoot for black coral. I bought my first pair of Maui Jim's on that...
  10. Brute

Rubicon Trail 2023

Not exactly a fishing trip, but a wheeling trip that included a little fishing…We ran it backwards from Tahoma side west of Lake Tahoe to Buck Island Lake, camp at the lake two nights while running the RTF Loop one of those days before running back to the Tahoma Side of the trail out the third day…
  11. Brute

Women’s World Cup 2023

Anyone watching?…surprising slow start for the US Women’s team against the Netherlands…
  12. Brute

My favorite WA river

On my way to my favorite river in the state…and taking my godson Rory on his first fly fishing trip
  13. Brute

The Inn at Little Washington

14. Brute

Green River May 2023

Day one…A section
  15. Brute

NBA Playoffs 2023

I’ve been a Celtics fan for 50 years (same for the Raiders)…several entertaining games in the play in/playoffs so far…
  16. Brute

Turks & Caicos

So...I was planning a wheeling trip with some buddies in April for Moab, but it looks like that trip is getting postponed for the fall...my wife had already planned a trip with some family to go to the Turks & Caicos, so I'm now going as well. I know some of you have posted some ties for bones...
  17. Brute

March Madness

The greatest sports playoff is about to get underway...anyone else filling out a bracket?
  18. Brute

Mauna Loa Eruption

Mauna Loa has been quiet for almost 40 years…decided to wake up last night…
  19. Brute

Big Island & Oahu

Going up to Mahukona to see if I can entice some papio’s & kaku’s…I’ve caught a few decent aha there before…
  20. Brute

Anyone fish for GT’s with a two handed rod?

After experiencing the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat (mostly the agony) fishing for GT’s with poppers, have anyone here have any experience with casting for them with two handed rods?…it would seem to be much easier on the shoulder…