Search results

1. mickey rat

Bucktailing

For awhile now I’ve been wanting to bring a fly rod along on our boat. The issue is we have a sailboat and casting would be flirting with disaster so we’ve always used trolling gear and deep sixes. I’m wondering about bucktailing in our wash while we are trolling under way to get my fix. I’ve...
  2. mickey rat

Firehole Sticks Sale

I got a sad message from the owner of Firehole Outdoors. Due to the recent passing of his wife he is no longer going to be selling direct to the public. They are discounting the direct to public remaining stock until it's gone. He will still continue to partner with retailers going forward.
  3. mickey rat

The Thanksgiving Feast Thread

OK everyone, what's your go to turkey, stuffing, potato, dessert dish this week? I'll start with my favorite holiday dessert, PAUL PRUDHOMME'S SWEET POTATO PECAN PIE https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/paul-prudhommes-sweet-potato-pecan-pie-53034801
  4. mickey rat

Prime Day Deals

Watersnake 24lb trolling motors on sale today for $104.40. Various Noco lithium chargers also.
  5. mickey rat

Umpqua Legacy Flies Series

If you're not already aware the Umpqua YouTube channel has been currently airing tying videos of their signature tyers patterns during the pandemic. They've been a wealth of information. The last few videos have dealt with 'legacy' flies and instructions from their original creators and video of...
  6. mickey rat

Bench chair suggestions?

I'm looking for an inexpensive armless swivel base chair and was wondering if anybody can weigh in on a good make and model. Like a dumb ass I used a folding chair a few days ago and I'm paying for it. Trying to keep it under a $150.