Search results

1. mickey rat

vices?

I use a Renzetti Traveler too, but swapped out the jaws to the midge size as I tie a lot of 22 size crap for my son in CO. I can still tie everything else I need with the same jaws.
  2. mickey rat

Lake craft recommendation

I prefer the Scout but sometimes it’s not very practical to lug it any distance to launch. Having a DIY build cart helps in that regard. I just wish it used a urethane bladder instead of vinyl. Really like the versatility
  3. mickey rat

Blob Flies!

Had a lot of success with biscuit color.
  4. mickey rat

What's in your vise?

Have a link for those?
  5. mickey rat

6 weight floating “daily driver” lines - tuning a Scott Centric

SA Infinity Smooth all day here. On Scott Centric 7, Radian 5, Wave 8 and Sector 6.
  6. mickey rat

6wts

I have a number of Scott rods, my favorites of which are the 6wt Sector and 5wt Radian. My son has the 7wt Centric and is just about the nicest rod I've used. Very forgiving fast action. It would be interesting to compare cast the Sector and Centric to see what you think.
  7. mickey rat

NFR What Are You Drinking?

My daughter brought me a 4 pack of these. Then my son got me the t-shirt at the Phinney location. Bonus, a portion of sales go toward the Coastal Cutthroat Coalition.
  8. 4packs_coastalcutthroat.jpg

4packs_coastalcutthroat.jpg

9. mickey rat

Substitute for size 22 hackle

Found this stuff works really good on CDC and has replaced most of my other floatants. A Charlie Craven recommendation for tiny CDC flies.
  10. mickey rat

NFR NFL 2023 Season

Matched up against Minshew and the Colts next. Go Cougs!… Whoa. Prince Valiant is down.
  11. mickey rat

Thread

While you're at it add one of these. Flambeau 2003.
  12. B26B02A4-A6E8-4C5A-8F40-8C2E142D2780.jpeg

B26B02A4-A6E8-4C5A-8F40-8C2E142D2780.jpeg

13. mickey rat

On line supplies?

Dakota Angler and Spawn are both great for their available stock and shipping speed. I ordered from Dakota Angler on Friday and got delivery today.
  14. mickey rat

NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

Lamson Sale on Remix, Liquid reels and 3 spool reel sets. 40% off and free shipping. They are introducing brand models of these and clearing the remaining stock. Actually, I got free shipping on a reel case I've been wanting for awhile now...
  15. mickey rat

Deals at online Retailers

Costa sunglasses is having their Black Friday sale on now. 30-50% off on some items. I ordered a new pair of RX progressives in celebration of my vision improving by half over the last ten years. Not Lasik, but one of the few benefits of desiccating with age. 🙄
  16. mickey rat

Affordable Saltwater Reels

Stick with your Lamson. I use the same reel on my 6 weights and have multiple spools with different lines ready to go in the salt. Religiously taken the drag bearing out and rinsed down well after every session. They have lasted for years but I finally had one crap out last month. So you're out...
  17. mickey rat

Float tube net

I like the simplicity of using a Fishpond Emerger for my float tube, frameless pontoon, stream fishing, and SRC beach fishing. Works well for all of them and I don't have to rummage around for the right net. It's always in the truck 24/7 so I never forget it at home.
  18. mickey rat

Fish Cat Cruzer Max?

Looks to me as if that is a Super Fat Cat with oars? I think that is a much better tube to put oars on over the smaller original. I have the Lost Creek X-Streamer and Fish Cat 4. If I had to only have one that Cruiser Max would be nice as you wouldn't even need to carry the oars a lot of times...
  19. mickey rat

Scotty glue on mounts

I used HH-66 for motor mounts on my Outcast frameless pontoon with no issues so far. Use diligence on your preparation and you'll be fine.
  20. mickey rat

Oops! Fiberglass Hull Repair Question.

I'd do a temporary patch with something like this. Epoxy under the waterline.