Search results

1. Oliver1329

A 7wt to do it all?

Haven't ever thrown massive flies for bull trout so a 7wt will work for me when fishing bull trout. I would probably need an 8wt for carp but I'm trying to find a rod that will work for all, and I think that a 7wt would work fine for carp, and if i get destroyed by a fish then i get destroyed 🤷‍♂️
  2. Oliver1329

A 7wt to do it all?

Hey guys! I'm in search of a 7wt that doesn't break the bank and that I can use for all species including bass, carp, bull trout, and streamer fishing for trout. Currently, I've been looking at an Echo ION XL 9'0" 7wt, but not sure how well the rod will perform in all of those situations. Any...
  3. Oliver1329

April tying contest thread and the March winner is...

Kinda figured out this pattern just by messing around. Was looking for a pattern that was able to be fished as an attractor dry and I could hang something off of the back as more of a smaller pattern and something more realistic. I wanted something that floated well and was super buggy. Loose...
  4. IMG_0323.PNG

IMG_0323.PNG

5. IMG_0304.PNG

IMG_0304.PNG

6. caddis.JPG

caddis.JPG

7. IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

8. Oliver1329

My go to soft hackle, simple but effective!
  9. IMG_3508.JPG

IMG_3508.JPG

10. Oliver1329

haha no just stick it through the outermost layer of skin. It's dead skin cells so it doesn't hurt at all.
  11. Oliver1329

My go to october caddis nymph. I think i caught almost all my fish on this fly last October!
  12. IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

13. Oliver1329

FS Tying Materials (hackle & marabou) SOLD

Need to be faster on these posts. Such killer deals!
  14. Oliver1329

What's Catching You Fish?

Absolutely! Let me know if it works for you!
  15. Oliver1329

hook: Mustad R50-94840 Size 8 bead: 3.25 tungsten bead (probably wouldn’t be bad with a larger sized bead) tail: goose biots brown Body: mix of hares ear plus dark brown and simi seal peacock (makes for the perfect olive grey skwala color) Back: Turkey Ribbing: SM copper brown wire Legs...
  16. Oliver1329

N. Idaho cutthroat seemed to enjoy this skwala imitation.
  17. IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

18. IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

19. IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8205.jpg

20. Oliver1329

March tying contest thread and February's winner is:

Here is my go. Legs arent perfect but I know that the fish don't care one bit.