Search results

1. Rob Allen

Bass lines??

I have always made do with whatever lines I get for free and they are never ideal . I want to fish big streamers for smallies on the Columbia out of my boat. I want to fish an 8wt I want to fish my retrieves fast from 5 to 15 feet deep and I'm not interested in waiting a minute for it to...
  2. Rob Allen

Portland Sportsman’s Show

Just a word of warning. Parking is mostly as PIR in the grass(mud) and it will be a soupy mess by the weekend I highly recommend either parking early at the expo center itself or only go with a 4wd and good tires. 2wd you WILL get stuck. There is next to no fly fishing at the show. Lots of...
  3. Rob Allen

Hope your day was better.

House in Colorado is sold and we are driving back to WA to close on our new home. We thought we hit a good weather window but my wife, driving our truck and towing our bass boat hit a slick spot and she fishtailed and spun around and ended up in the grassy median between laramie and...
  4. Rob Allen

SFR Online shoppers beware - Fake Orvis website

https://orvis-online.life/?fbclid=IwAR1xW-3Fjbz6bBAV40jwnkJRNORk3EKoS928xVPpScBBkCASo_dYj_Kx6No Looks legit and very appealing pricing...but look closer and don't get fooled...
  5. Rob Allen

Happy New Year

I hope you all really do have a happy new year. Some however will not. Some by choices Some by circumstances. I hope that this year PNWFF will be able, as much as our sport and community allows, to rejoice with the happy and be a comfort and an encouragement to the struggling. May we...
  6. Rob Allen

SFR Looks like were moving

Ok, at this point I am a bit jaded and I am expecting things to fall through at any second but that's just my pessimism born of experience. We have accepted an offer on our house here in Colorado and our house has passed the home inspection. We have mutual acceptance for a house in...
  7. Rob Allen

NFR Bah Humbug

So i work retail and I am already sick of Christmas music. That is to say the same 8 songs on repeat.. 1. I don't care who you want for Christmas 2. Yeah, constant promises to be home from Christmas, get everyone's hopes up then bail at the last minute and say " yeah, we'll I was just...
  8. Rob Allen

Thank you for your service question.

In my work I come into contact with veterans and I always thank them for their service and I mean it but it feels kinda trite and mundane. I want to ask them about their service but it's none of my business and they may not want to talk about it. So I guess what I am asking is how in my...
  9. Rob Allen

NFR Why is it?

That some of us are compelled to share what's going on in life? I wonder this while sitting at gate 5 at Colorado Springs Airport. Beautiful blue skies and windows facing Pikes Peak. I am headed to Cape Coral Florida to do a new store set for Sportsmans Warehouse. With out house not...
  10. Rob Allen

3rd showing, fingers crossed

Today at 3:30 we are having a family come back for a 3rd showing of our home. Supposedly our house is their favorite.. Hopefully we'll have an offer this afternoon. https://www.trulia.com/p/wa/lyle/7-justin-rd-lyle-wa-98635--2087788228 This is the property we want.. Fingers crossed.. been...
  11. Rob Allen

NFR Movie buffs, pop quiz hot shot?

I am gonna ask a question based on a movie whoever gives me the best answer before 6 pm. gets a turn to create a question of their own. This is a question related to a movie, not about a movie.. just a stupid game but maybe it'll be fun The question.. What do you do if you find a pile of...
  12. Rob Allen

I've got whats probably a dumb idea.

I was on another site that was doing a word game.. someone starts with a word and the next person chooses another word that is related and the game goes on forever, just wors association. Now, all my tying stuff is packed away so this is an idea for you guys to take and run with if it...
  13. Rob Allen

NFR Spider ID?

Years ago i was stalking a heard of Mulies in eastern Klickitat county to no avail, as always, I sat in this spot for about 15 minutes just watching them and when I got up this was under me.. I am sure one of you guys can tell me what it is.
  14. Rob Allen

First Hurdle cleared..

We are under contract to sell our house here in Colorado and this week we'll be making an offer on a home in the Columbia Gorge.. If all goes according to plan we'll be home in early May.. I'd be more excited but I have a bent towards pessimism.. I am sure however that none of my...
  15. Rob Allen

Advise to young guys ( fishing related)

In short, my advise is DO IT! Right now I am looking at Google maps. Looking at the blue lines between the North Fork Clearwater on highway 12. I look at it the blue lines and say to myself "that looks cool I wanna do that" then I switch to Terrain view and think " Hell no" At the...
  16. Rob Allen

Casting instructor certification?

Been thinking about this for years. Wondering if anyone here has done it? Was it worth it? I certainly don't need anyone telling me how to cast or teach but it might look good on my resume and be a tiny bit of a personal accomplishment. What do you guys think?
  17. Rob Allen

Sage core8 590-4

Ok before I start, this is absolutely not what I had in mind. And I will try to get my hands on another one with more time with it in hand. This may be of limited or even no value. Take it for what you think it's worth. I went to the Denver ISE show. The only thing there I wanted to do...
  18. Rob Allen

How to test a new rod.

This is how I would recommend someone choose a new fly rod. First, have a good understanding of what you want the rod to do. It may seem simplistic but it's a really important step. Last spring I wanted a new 9ft 5wt and I believe it rather weird that I do not own one. However the reason I...
  19. Rob Allen

NFR Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. I wish each and every one of you the best. Remember, as I will be trying to do, that these people are your family love the good in them, ignore the bad and toss it away from your memory. Love them anyway so that YOU can have a good day.. enjoy the food and...
  20. Rob Allen

Annoying by catch.

1. I am not much of a photographer 2. I'm not much of a walleye fisherman 3 these are hatchery trout and I wasn't overly concerned about them bit they both swam away strong but judge me if you must.. First one was caught on a suspending Rogue The second was caught on a green and chrome...