Search results

1. troutstalker

Another cougar attack near Snoqualmie

There was another cougar attack near Snoqualmie yesterday. A 1-2 year old cougar attacked a bicycle rider that was part of a group of five. One of the riders was able to pin down the cougar until WDFW was able to arrive and then dispatch the animal. There was a second cougar spotted but it left...
  2. troutstalker

Wildfire near Rocky Ford

Just an FYI for anyone thinking about heading to Rocky Ford. Theres currently an approximate 400 acre wildfire around Rocky Ford and state route 17 is closed. You might want to find another location to fish.
  3. troutstalker

Hinman Glacier

Hinman Glacier between Mt. Rainier and Glacier Peak has melted away due to global warming. There will surely be more to follow. That's pretty depressing.
  4. troutstalker

Grouse Hunt 10/1/22

I was able to get out in the woods for some grouse hunting for a few hours yesterday. Saw one Ruffed and was able to harvest one Blue. It was a little smokey out. So lucky and greatful to have such beautiful places to hunt in Washington.
  5. troutstalker

What's your favorite rod?

Hey all, I like fly rods as I'm sure all of you do. I've accumulated quite a few over the years. I know that this is not an easy question but please state what your favorite rod is and provide a brief summary as to why. I'll start. I mainly fish the skinny water, as OMJ would say, for smaller...
  6. troutstalker

Wanted Abel Creek 1 large arbor or standard arbor spools, gloss black

Hi, I'm looking for a couple of Abel Creek 1 large arbor and/or standard arbor spools. Please let me know if you have any available. Thanks!
  7. troutstalker

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Let's See Your Trout Art! Hi! There was a thread on the other site but haven't seen one here yet so I'll start one. I really like trout art so I thought that I'd share some that I own and am hoping that you will as well. Unfortunately my pictures don't always do the pieces justice. Thanks...