Search results

1. S

FNF Creeper

Nature's Spirit had a booth at the recent Fly Fishing Show in Bellevue, and I saw a few things I thought I "needed." One of those things was a material I hadn't seen before: FNF Creeper. At first glance, this stuff seems to be a guide fly dream; dubbing, flex floss, and optional UV flash, all...
  2. S

Wacky rig for fly casting?

Being cold and bored while waiting for spring does funny things to my mind. This latest return to cold and gloom has me very much looking forward to spring stillwater fishing. In recent years, I've taken to actually targeting spiny rays and the like when the trout fishing is slow (or when I just...
  3. S

SFR Cats and salmon...

So, everyone knows cats love fish, and there are all kinds of salmon-based foods and treats on the market. That said, I know it's not safe to feed dogs salmon caught from most of our local rivers, because most of our rivers have a parasite that gets into salmon and can be lethal to them. Does...
  4. S

SRC Shows... What do they mean?

Something those of us who chase SRCs in the Sound appreciate about the species is their tendency to show themselves when present. There seem to be at least two kinds of "shows" they exhibit: the slashing boil and the fully-breached, seemingly pointless leap entirely out of the water. I tend to...
  5. S

Coastal rivers closed to fishing until further notice

If you had plans to fish any of the Grays Harbor rivers for salmon in the near future, you had better change them. Shut down "until flows increase or there is evidence that fish are moving upstream." The way things are headed, that might mean mid-November, if it opens at all. Probably the right...
  6. S

Flats wading shoes

I bet there's a thread on this on the "old" board, but damned if I'm going there LOL, so let's get one rolling here. Headed to the FL Keys in a few weeks, and I need some advice on flats wading shoes. We'll be in a boat as much as possible, but getting out to wade will probably be necessary at...