Search results

1. mcswny

Brush Table?

Anyone build a brush table? And if so, have any tips? I have a box of material from the FTD that I intended to make brushes with but I just haven't gotten around to it. I thought this one looked relatively simple to build. It's something I want, but don't need, hence not wanting to buy...
  2. mcswny

SOLD Ross Colorado 2 SPARE SPOOL - $115

In great condition (a little sticker residue on the back from a fly line sticker). I bought this on eBay to have an extra spool but I forgot to ask if it was the gloss or standard matte. I have the harder to find gloss 2 and I accidental got the standard matte spool. Otherwise nothing wrong with...
  3. mcswny

SOLD Whiting barred medium ginger saddle 16-18

You’ve all heard me complain about the lack of dry fly feathers locally and how I always have to order online. Well I ordered this saddle and the photo made it out to be more of a barred champagne variant, but it’s more so your standard barred medium/light ginger and I already have a great...
  4. mcswny

Favorite UV Resin for Perdigons?

I lost my UV resin and need to pick up some more (maybe my kid stole it)? What's your favorite? I primarily use it for Perdigons and finishing heads on streamers.
  5. mcswny

SOLD Ross Colorado 0 - $225

Mint condition Ross Colorado 0. Perfect 3wt clicker reel. VERY minor marks on the back of the frame, hardly noticeable and couldn't get to show up in the photograph. Generic reel pouch included. Line will be removed, but backing will stay on. $225 shipped to your door.
  6. mcswny

NFR PSA: Shipping Labels

If you’re like me and buy and sell a lot online you’ve noticed shipping has gotten expensive. Well a couple months ago someone from another forum gave me a heads up about pirateship.com. It’s some sort of aggregate to get the cheapest possible shipping short of selling through eBay. I honestly...
  7. mcswny

Your One Photo - 2023

So we're closing in on the end of the year which means a few things: It's dark as all hell, we've made it another year (well most of us) and football playoffs are on the horizon (for some of us). But for me and my family, it's a nice time for reflection on how we spent our time throughout the...
  8. mcswny

Ross Colorado 0 Spare Spool

I have a near perfect Ross Colorado 0 Spare Spool (the original!). $110 shipped to your door CONUS.
  9. mcswny

SOLD Scott G2 884 - $325

A well loved Scott G2 884. The reel seat is a bit banged up from a couple rock hopping falls and the cork is soiled but the rod still has a lot of life left in it. If you’re interested in pairing it with the Galvan I have listed let me know. pm me with any questions. $325 shipped CONUS
  10. mcswny

SOLD Galvan R-4 LT Black - $205

Perfect except for two light marks on the seat foot from being on a rod. Line will be removed before shipping, but backing will stay on. Let me know if you have any questions. tim $205 shipped
  11. mcswny

SOLD Galvan Brookie 3/4 - $195

Gavlan Brookie 3/4 - $195 to your door - Virtually perfect condition short of a couple marks on the reel foot from a reel seat.
  12. mcswny

FS/T Fishpond Nomad Hand Net - $80

Nomad hand net. The white bag is a bit discolored and there’s some superficial marking. It’s a great net, I just have another net I use more. Pick up in north Portland, I don’t want to ship.
  13. mcswny

Cork length on small stream rods?

I'm getting ready to build up my first rod. I've been wanting to get my friend a gift for taking care of me for a week straight in the hospital a few years ago and this is what I've landed on. He's moving out to Maine next year so I want to build him a little brookie rod so I'm going with a 7'...
  14. mcswny

Wanted Original Ross Colorado 2 - SPARE SPOOL

Looking for a spare spool for my original Colorado 2. Let me know. Tim
  15. mcswny

Swingling soft hackles

So for the most part I’ve never swung soft hackles for trout. I did one time while I was wading back to camp after a long day and it quickly opened my eyes. There really hasn’t been a reason why I haven’t, I just havent. Well this week that kinda changed and I’m pretty excited. So I was out in...
  16. mcswny

Wanted Original Ross Colorado 2 SPARE SPOOL

Looking for a spare spool for the original Ross Colorado 2. Tim
  17. mcswny

Hook sets are NOT free.

Was out this evening fishing for bulls with my 8 weight. Thought I felt a grab (it was a rock), strip set the hook hard, and simultaneously slipped back raising my rod high and fast and snapped my rod in the butt section just above the stripping guide. Bummer, I loved this rod. Thankfully I do...
  18. mcswny

SOLD Hardy Princess - $180

Good condition Hardy Princess. I purchased this to pair with a glass rod but the feet are a tad big for the slide band hardware. $180 to your door. Comes with a box, but no case.
  19. mcswny

Ross Colorado 2?

A bit of a weird question. Does anyone here have or have experience with the Ross Colorado 2? I'm trying to pair a reel to a specific glass rod and this fits the weight and diameter I'm looking for, but to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of clickers. Does the Colorado have a loud click? Say...
  20. mcswny

SOLD Airflo Kelly Galloup Shovelhead 8/9 330 gr + SA System 2 7/8L

I have a perfect condition Airflo Kelly Galloup Shovelhead 8/9 330 gr for sale. It's been used ~4 times, but for how I fish my 8wt, it's just not right. Right now, it's spooled on a perfect working condition SA System 2 78L and that comes with it. This reel, while a bit smaller compared to...