Search results

1. B

I’m I the only one that didn’t know this?

Last year at the camp site I was sharing with @Sliverfly I was watching him getting every ready for the next day of albacore he was laying out the line on his 12wt and wiping it down with a paper towel. I asked him what he was doing and he said cleaning his line. He had a line dressing on the...
  2. B

How to dye a buck tail

I seem to have more white bucktails than I need I would like to dye a few, but have no idea how. Has anyone successfully done this?
  3. B

Fly shop

The fly shop in Poulsbo is no more, not that I’ll miss it but some may. ADMIN EDIT: It turns out this was a case of mistaken location. Shop is still open: https://www.peninsulaoutfitters.com/
  4. B

Switch rod over head casting, because at 75 both elbows, left shoulder, and now both thumbs.

A few years back I started having problems with pain when single hand casting. Right elbow had bone on bone, so had that fixed, then a year later the left elbow started giving me some pain, so had it fix. Shots in the left shoulder fixed that problem. Now both thumbs are bone on bone. I’m only...
  5. B

airflo fly line

I just bought a Airflo GT intermediate 12wt line picked it up on the cheap. Being a GT target line it is ment for warmer water. Has any of you tried this line in the sound?
  6. B

Albacore fly

I got to thinking about a fly just for a bait stop. I wanted it to dive downward and have that wiggle butt swim that I’ve seen live bait as soon as they hit the water. I know that a flat wing type fly would swim as close to what I was after as anything I can think of, but I needed weight up...
  7. B

Looking for interested for a Trip out of San Diego.

I’m thinking about chartering a boat out of SanDiego next year. I can get a 6 pack for a 2 1/2 day trip for blue fin tuna or anything else we think we can land on a fly rod. If your interested drop me a PM I’ll give you what I know so far.
  8. B

I’m sorry but can anyone tell me what these are

I found a rock in my front yard an saw what looked like bones locked in them as a nurd at 75 it really caught my eye anyone out here know any thing about these please help. It’s the white items that I think are bones that are of interested to me
  9. B

Chum fry

Any sightings or is it still too early?