Search results

1. Doublebluff

lithium battery questions

OK- debating whether to go lithium for my 9 ft pontoon. life span, cost, weight, run time differences... I get all that. I have read many posts and web articles but I still have a few questions. I have read this... "Lithium Batteries maintain higher voltages for longer. Motors engineered to...
  2. Doublebluff

Seeking advice on Bahamas+bonefish+beaches

My wife agreed to such a trip. It can't be a fishing trip disguised as a beach vacation. Quiet beach fun is more important. But, one guided day for me plus some DIY effort... that can happen. A single bonefish on a fly is the bar I will set, everything else is gravy. Any ideas would be appreciated.
  3. Doublebluff

NFR fun baseball and human interest story.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34870415/houston-astros-superfan-mattress-mack-lose-no-matter-wins-world-series
  4. Doublebluff

NFR Backup portable solar power

I am interested in purchasing some portable backup solar powerthat can run at least my refrigerator for a while (hours?) if needed. Also maybe take it in the truck now and then. I need advice on how much power I need, and how much I might have to spend. Any specific suggestions would be welcome.
  5. Doublebluff

Spring pond fishing trip

Me and a few buddies do some eastern OR pond fishing every Spring. We went earlier this year because we wanted the water to be a little cooler. Check that off as a success, but we set ourselves up to deal with some colder weather as well! Paddling around in driving snow was a new one for us...
  6. Doublebluff

NFR holes in one

Here are two videos about golfers attempting/making a hole-in-one. Shane Lowry is in both. One video was from a few months ago, one was yesterday.
  7. Doublebluff

The county list

I’ve been checking items off of a list for a decade or so- a list of counties in Oregon in which I have caught a fish with my flyrod. My goal has been to get one fish on a fly in every Oregon county. For the last couple of years I had one remaining: Curry County, in the far southwest corner of...
  8. Doublebluff

Jetty trips

I've been to the jetty a few times recently, trying to get the craziness of the world out of my head. It hasn't really worked. The wind direction tells me which side to fish, and I don't go if it's raining. The dry rocks are slick enough. Like the bigger world, the jetty can be an unforgiving...
  9. Doublebluff

dry fly feathers

I have a set of four dry fly hackle packs- those "100 fly" packages... I will mail them to anyone who will use them. I am just not a dry fly tier. Maybe send me a half dozen Adams-type flies that are tied with these feathers, in exchange? PM me if interested.
  10. Doublebluff

Baseball thread

I'll begin with this article about Bonds and the Hall of Fame. I agree with the author. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33181692/doug-glanville-why-glad-barry-bonds-elected-hall-fame
  11. Doublebluff

Canine or feline