Search results

1. Wayne Kohan

Inches away from no cougar season

I am not a hunter, but found this an interesting read. I have no idea if this is a good rule or bad, but the way it was pushed through was wrong. It reminds me of the way some of the local school boards have operated, where they don’t get public comment and have added agenda items that are...
  2. Wayne Kohan

Prolapsed Bladder...

https://rockymountainrafts.com/collections/catarafts-1
  3. Wayne Kohan

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

Deer hair emerger works great for the hatch in my experience.
  4. Wayne Kohan

Old Guy question

Thats how I fish my Elk Hair Caddis, usually dry/dropper, then dive it and swing it at end of drift.
  5. Wayne Kohan

Gravel lot STATUS... Just sharing in advance

I could see bottom when my depth finder was reading 10 ft. And that was with no sunlight as it rained all day. Visibility is good enough for fish to find size 14 and 16 flies. Plus the water temp was around 50 degrees so way past turnover. Lots of fish are being caught there, it won't be a...
  6. Wayne Kohan

Gravel lot STATUS... Just sharing in advance

Visibility on Wednesday was about 10-12 feet
  7. Wayne Kohan

Top 10 trout lakes in Washington (you’re welcome😉)

When did they plant all the trees and develop the shorelines at all the desert lakes on the list?
  8. Wayne Kohan

WA Stocking Schedule Release?

Saw the stocking truck with the fish slide/tube at Lenice today. Even before the truck arrived, I have never marked so many fish in any lake I’ve ever fished. First time I used my Garmin on Lenice.
  9. Wayne Kohan

Coffee talk

Just out of curiosity, do you guys use that in the house or outside? The YT video from the company says that it will set off smoke detectors....
  10. Wayne Kohan

Lake craft recommendation

So, if what you had worked well for you, except for the crappy construction, get an Outcast Stealth or FishCat Scout. I have the Sportsmans Warehouse version of the Scout and even the packaging calls it the Scout, for much cheaper. I have a pram and the Scout and a Super Fat Cat, and they all...
  11. Wayne Kohan

2-Piece Rods

My favorite and most used rod for several years was a Sage 586 VPS 4 piece that I built myself. I broke it down into two pieces usually and kept it stored in my boat in the garage. Did that all winter and it became a 3 piece rod as the ferrule between the top two pieces got stuck. Tried...
  12. Wayne Kohan

REMINDER TO GET APPROPRIATE FISHING LICENSES & PARKING PASSES!

Hmm. How old is the senior thing?
  13. Wayne Kohan

Hookin' Up with Big Boobies

One other thought, I notice that my boobies and blobs seem to have a lot of the hook gap full of the fritz material (and wondering if that is keeping from getting a good hook up), even though I tend to use size 8 scud hooks. Having said that, the only real booby fishing I have done is for the...
  14. Wayne Kohan

Bread Thread

This should be good, finally nailed the oven spring.
  15. Wayne Kohan

FS Sold! Barney the 11’ Aire raft with frame

Aire rafts have a serial number on them and typically the last two numbers is the year it was made.
  16. Wayne Kohan

NFR Humor

Got the usual morning email from our local newspaper this morning showing articles in todays paper. I was scrolling down on my iPad and caught the headline for one article sitting next to the picture of the next article. I think the launch failed.
  17. Wayne Kohan

Blob Flies!

I was talking about using it on all flies in general. Mine fits over 1/8 beads, but nothing bigger like 5/32. And won’t work on boobies. Or balanced leeches. Or most foam flies.
  18. Wayne Kohan

Blob Flies!

Maybe I need a larger size but hard to use with bead head flies.
  19. Wayne Kohan

What's Catching You Fish?

I didn’t take any fish pictures but had a big day on the lake yesterday. Here’s the flies that did the damage. Extra points for naming the flies.
  20. IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1675.jpeg