Search results

1. R

Spring in the desert

The desert is blooming and will be beautiful for the next couple of weeks. Lupine Sagebrush false dandelion Phlox Cabbage butterfly on dandelion Balsom Root South slope of Rattlesnake Mountain
  2. R

Bass flies

Part of my fascination with bass bugs and bass flyfishing is that I end up with too many flies. Especially considering that they don’t much wear out and I break one off about twice a year. So anyone who would like a half dozen free bass flies send a message. I have enough flies for 6-8 sets...
  3. R

SBS floating dragonfly nymph

Fly derived from bakerites floating dragon nymph and Randall Kaufman’s similar pattern. This fly does several things pretty well- float up above the bottom and seldom catches weeds, soft enough that fish tend to hold onto it and the hooking percentage is high, durable and will float all day...
  4. R

Independence Day

All Soap Lake humor aside. grateful for this great nation and what it stands for. Thanks as well to all of the veterans and active duty service people who help make it happen. Rich USN 1978-86
  5. R

Deer hair diver SBS- warning- picture heavy

This particular fly has caught over 60 largemouth over the course of the last couple of years and is still ticking. I did recently replace one of the eyes and the week guard pulled loose on my last trip and had to be repaired. In general however deer flies are very tough and last a long time...
  6. R

Proof fly fishing 5 stars

I purchased a 9 foot 6 inch 5 weight graphite blank and components (guides, reel seat, fighting butt, winding check etc.) from Proof Flyfishing earlier this fall. The web site is nice and simple to use. I wanted to verify that I had all the parts needed and that the parts were compatible so I...
  7. R

SBS Foam Popper

I have been tying up some poppers using foam strips lately. They work work well and are economical , but they take some time to produce. I’ve learned a few things along the way. 1. Glue your foam pieces together. I use 3m Super 77 for this and it works great. It can make a serious sticky mess if...
  8. R

Malheur NWR

My wife and I made a drive to Las Vegas. On the way we spent a day at Malheur NWR near Burns, Oregon. Many creatures were viewed, although it is extremely dry and areas which were large shallow lakes as recently as two years ago had pronghorns roaming them now. Bullock's oriole Yellow Warbler-...