Search results

1. R

Backyard Wildlife

Not quite backyard but with a block and a half. This guy was eating grass in the park with many people around in broad daylight.
  2. IMG_2659.jpeg

IMG_2659.jpeg

3. R

What's in your vise?

My first try at creating spots on the side. Semi-successful I guess but time consuming and tricky for sure. Hook: Kona XSS #1/0 Tail: grizzly, yellow grizzly, olive grizzly outside of yellow and grizzly bird fur Front legs: black barred olive silicone Collar one: yellow grizzly rooster Collar...
  4. redspot2.JPG

redspot2.JPG

5. redspot1.JPG

redspot1.JPG

6. R

What's Catching You Fish?

These three have been good the last couple of trips. Thanks to Eastside for the bottom fly.
  7. IMG_2625.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg

8. IMG_2624.jpeg

IMG_2624.jpeg

9. IMG_2636.jpeg

IMG_2636.jpeg

10. IMG_2640.jpeg

IMG_2640.jpeg

11. R

Got any bird pics?

Spotted this Red Tail while looking at Sandhill Cranes
  12. evening sandhills.JPG

evening sandhills.JPG

13. twocranes.JPG

twocranes.JPG

14. morecranes.JPG

morecranes.JPG

15. redtail.JPG

redtail.JPG

16. R

What's in your vise?

I haven’t fished it yet. I love bass flies and tie a bunch of them. The truth is if I went out with 2 swimming frogs I would feel 100% confident and I use them most of the time.
  17. R

What's in your vise?

A couple of smaller frogs for the early season frog hatch. A really bright one Hook: TMC 8089 #6 Weed Guard: 20 pound Mason hard mono Back legs: 2 inch swimming frog legs (Saint Mary's Flies) butt: olive marabou Collar 1: black laced hen Collar2: deer hair Body: Fluorescent green over black...
  18. frog101.JPG

frog101.JPG

19. frog102.JPG

frog102.JPG

20. R

Got any bird pics?

We made a short trip to Bickleton (self-proclaimed bluebird capital of the world) yesterday. Prime season is supposed to be April/May for the birds there, but there were plenty. We saw at least 100 bluebirds and there will be more in a month. Also saw two Bald Eagles, Horned Larks, California...