Search results

1. Tubbster

Vise base/tool caddy

I usually use this for working in the garage but I had an extra and an idea. Fits my Peak vise very snug. Also fits thread bobbins and small resin bottles. Got it from harbor freight. Don’t remember the cost but it was pretty cheap. It’s non slip, rubbery and heavy.
  2. Tubbster

Back at it

As the title says it, after a few years off, I went and swung a fly rod for a bit. I’m out of my quarantine as of today so decided to sleep in, enjoy the morning at home then went out. I went to a well known state park And started casting. My cast was terrible, hitting me in the back of the...
  3. Tubbster

I am also a dirt bag. I made my own lures

Last summer I made my own lures. Line through design like some other casting bombs. These will wiggle when reeled slowly and a fast retrieve is more pulsating. They are lead free so they don’t sink as fast, but still fast. All done with rattle cans and then epoxy coated. I’ve caught coho...
  4. Tubbster

Any SUP boarders in here that fish?

At home on quarantine day 4 has been a YouTube day. I’ve always wanted to own a paddle board ever since I paddled the Hanalei river in Kauai. Wasn’t easy but I really enjoyed it. I know SUP is popular here and was just wondering if anyone fishes the sound on one in the shallows or inlets?
  5. Tubbster

Kauai Rooster

Some cool looking feathers on this rooster in Kauai up in Waimea canyon. Now that I tie my own flies I look at birds differently. Just thought I’d share!
  6. Tubbster

Rod bag that I can’t remember

I’ve seen a rod bag on IG that is made of nylon type material (almost like a rip stop nylon) that allows you to put it in fully rigged and it covers the reel also. They have an option to have a half length one also to break it down in half in the bag/sleeve. Comes in orange or black. I cannot...