Search results

1. TicTokCroc

SFR Hotel recommendations/OR coast

I'm looking for a hotel for a quick overnight stay at the coast for the wifey's birthday. Can you get something in the $200-$250 a night range that is decent? I have been googling and everything looks fine? Looking for some insider info, or thin the options. Range would be from Pacific City...
  2. TicTokCroc

NFR Garmin?

1.) I have this Garmin. Does anyone still use these or have I been left in the dust here too? I even have the CD of US topo maps. Doesn't help with public/private land, shits complicated now. 2.) What should I be using to find my way back out of the woods now? 3.) Can this acid mess be...
  3. TicTokCroc

What do I have here?

I found this while clearing some junk. Fenwick voyager, combo fly and spin. It's in really good shape. Original case, rod sock, cork looks barely used. Maybe my dreams of a fiberglass rod have been answered? Should I use it or display it?
  4. TicTokCroc

NFR Selling used car? Help?

Delete
  5. TicTokCroc

Carved Slingshot SBS

Start with an oversized fork. This is a plum tree I have been pillaging. We have a lot of semi wild plums around as the whole area used to be an orchard. Fruit trees and hardwoods work the best. Plum and dogwood can have some very cool heartwood and grain. I paint the end cuts with Elmer's...
  6. TicTokCroc

Eastern Idaho

I'll be there early next week for 2 days only. I don't have a lot of time and I have 2 young girls that want to go "fishing". I would also like to go fishing but that's second place. I'm thinking easier hike in lake with plentiful brook trout for the kids, preferably scenery over the local...
  7. TicTokCroc

Happy mother's day

Don't forgot to call your mom's!
  8. TicTokCroc

Zoo score

What can I tie with flamingo?
  9. TicTokCroc

SFR Who's watching the 'Big Game'

I guess "Superbowl TM" can't be said unless you have the rights or permission to use it. I used to use this opportunity to go hunting or fishing without a soul in sight, woods or river to yourself. So you watching, or sneaking out?
  10. TicTokCroc

NFR Most popular aps/websites to sell items?

Facebook is a no go, I used to use OfferUp but that seems to be a relic now, Craigslist is kinda shady but an option, is Ebay still a thing? What are people using to sell stuff now?
  11. TicTokCroc

NFR Hoarding medication

Due to local and world instability I'm looking to order a lifetime supply of a non narcotic prescription medication (Coumadin). This would be about 25k 5mg pills. I would pack in co2 purged and sealed mylar bags with oxygen absorbers and desiccant packs in 6 month allotments then seal in food...
  12. TicTokCroc

How to pass the time...

Trying to prepare myself... I will be stuck in a hospital bed for about a week real soon. I can only read soo much, and shitposting on PNWFF only takes up a half hour of my day :LOL: so, besides books, magazines, phone, youtube, whatever cable stations they have on that little TV, word...
  13. TicTokCroc

NFR Tree ID

I didn't find any specific tree ID threads so I'll go first. Was walking the lower acreage this morning and noticed a lot of these scrubby trees all over. I'm planning on cutting them down if they are nothing special to clean up the area. ???
  14. TicTokCroc

We got these spiders coming in...

Ok it's that time of year, how are we killing them? I was awakened out of a dead sleep last night by a spider crawling across my back, it had enough 'heft' to it to wake me up... :oops: I am two things, arachniphobic and claustrophobic... After I came down off the roof I located it with a...
  15. TicTokCroc

What to tip

Going on a bottomfish charter tomorrow and so far they haven't called it due to weather. 🤞 How much is typical tip now? I haven't been on one since I was a kid.
  16. TicTokCroc

Will our power get shut off?

Phone was popping off with these all day yesterday... See they know where you are! Even though I have tracking turned off. It's still pretty green around here, wildfire risk is at moderate(yellow) not high. They have never turned power off before or threatened it even during those major...
  17. TicTokCroc

Primus Sucks... At fly fishing?

Never knew Les really was Jon the fisherman sailing the seas of cheese.
  18. TicTokCroc

PLUSH

I'll be in and around Plush Oregon Monday and Tuesday. NO KIDS! Wife will be getting sunstones but that won't take the whole time then we will be exploring. I know of the main river down there but any honey holes, secrets, top secrets, anything else I should check out. Anything goes, warm...
  19. TicTokCroc

Idaho Falls help

I have 1 day (Tomorrow) to fish. Idaho Falls area. Wet wading, I have a tiny box of attractor dries and a few bead head nymphs. Kids will be in tow but not fishing, looking for rocks etc. Ultimate goal would be over abundant brook trout, or rainbows in a cutthroat stream that need some...
  20. TicTokCroc

Hooks on a plane

Going to be flying a one way ticket to pick up the family and drive them home after a much longer vacation/visit with family then I'll get. I will just be bringing a carry on and will be sending all my gear/clothes/rod a few weeks prior to my flight but I need more time to tie flies... All the...