Search results

1. jact55

How do you get flotant gel out of stuff

Stuff spilled all over my fanny pack a week or so back when I packed hastily for fires close by. Then the lid got ripped off the bottle, I'm assuming by a branch, and spilt all over my waders. Just warm water and soap? Any other tricks? River water didn't work lol. Just curious before I go...
  2. jact55

Sometimes Your Soul Needs It

I'm assuming I'm not the only looney person out there. This week I've been feeling extra looney. Perceptions skewed, mind wandering, circumstances over blown internally. Just had a hard time shaking stuff. I was blessed to be in Montana for a couple days, and felt the need for a quick nature...
  3. jact55

Dying feathers, fur and fingers

Do you all like saving money? I don't, otherwise I wouldn't fly fish. But the color range of flies make for large expensive collections of animal products real fast. I've been researching dying feathers and fur. Did my first attempt last night, with stuff around the house. I heated water to...
  4. jact55

Riding riffles

Time for a much needed getaway had come. I had rowing lessons prescheduled when I first got my raft, I didn't really need them anymore, but I figured I would do em anyways and make a few days trip out of it. Floating the canyon, and running around that general neck of the woods. Wednesday: The...
  5. jact55

Got a bamboo rod

Was gifted a bamboo rod by one of my coworkers. He bought it at a yard sale in 1976. Was old then he said. Smells old. No branding or marking. He had it rewrapped and shellac'd a while back. Is it normal for the top section to be bowed to one side like this? Definitely a limp noodle of a...
  6. jact55

Jonah and the whale

Real life Bible stuff. Glad folks got it on tape, otherwise nobody would belive em
  7. jact55

Fly fishing podcasts?

For those of you who might get alot of windshield time like I, it's nice to throw on a 1-4 hour podcast. Been recently diving into fyfishing podcasts. Can't say I'm blown away so far. Although I'm not saying it's easy to do a prolonged podcast on fishing day after day. I've done troutbitten...
  8. jact55

Swedes fly shop closed down?

Guess this is a spokane folks question. I don't get up to Swedes too often, but figured I would make the trek north today and show him some love. Pick up a better vise and some tying stuff. Drove up and a sign saying they are closed for the time being was posted. Anyone know if this is going...
  9. jact55

Camping yakima canyon

Morning to all. Hope you're fishing, and not in an office dreaming of fishing as I am. Mid June I'm taking rowing lessons with reds fly shop down the Yakima canyon. Figured I'd camp out the day before and try some wading, or floating, if safe. Then the day after maybe float also. Figured I...
  10. jact55

First raft trip

Hello. This is my first post. I'll try not to be a turd and have it be my only. I'm a member of many forums, and try not to abuse, rather be part of the community. So I just picked up a catchercraft 10.5' sea rull bull raft. I travel to Idaho and Montana for work, and live in eastern WA. So I...