Search results

1. O' Clarkii Stomias

Intermediate Line

Soak you line in warm water with some Dawn soap in it and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
  2. O' Clarkii Stomias

Intermediate Line

I've used an intermediate line fo lake fishing for years. Great for fishing leeches and scuds around weed beds, as well as emerging nymphs. I really like FHI Scandi heads for trout spey, and for steelhead during the middle of the day. I used a 54' Gaelforce intermediate spey line quite a bit...
  3. O' Clarkii Stomias

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

When dries or spinners are on the water, a size 16 std. Adams clipped flat on the bottom out performed anything on hebgen, Henry's Fork, and McDonald's Pond (RIP) for me. If they are keyed on emergers, a Quigley cripple is hard to beat. If it's windy, a feather duster in the film can be killer.
  4. O' Clarkii Stomias

"riffle hitched' tube flies

Yes, they work great
  5. O' Clarkii Stomias

Non-Fly Bait casting setup for smallmouth on Snake?

My go to rod for all the above is a Loomis GL2 6'-6" for 1/4-3/4 oz. My preferred method fo fishing smallies is finessing jig heads, and the lighter rating is helpful for that. It also has enough backbone to throw decent size top water and crank baits too.
  6. O' Clarkii Stomias

How Many...

How many Cackhanded Snap Ts are required in the filming of a Simms promo?
  7. O' Clarkii Stomias

Tying Soft Hackle Flies

Was that at the Stagecoach bar?
  8. O' Clarkii Stomias

Flashlight?

I think it's 800 lumens.
  9. O' Clarkii Stomias

Flashlight?

I've had the same rechargeable Streamlight for 15+ years and it hasn't let me down. I have a car charger and a wall charger for it. In addition I have a few USB Streamlight pen lights that I stash in strategic spots. Also I really like the USB headlamps made by Black Diamond. Again, I have a...
  10. O' Clarkii Stomias

Fish handling

After you catch 100+ of them that internal conversation will be the same, you'll just have a better poker face.
  11. O' Clarkii Stomias

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

Excellent post! The fore mentioned tragedy is exactly why the railroads don't allow trespassing. Even though CSX refused to grant permission to the film crew, they did it anyway. As a result, the family of the deceased young assistant camera person was able to get jury verdicts from CSX for...
  12. O' Clarkii Stomias

FS 1982 Clackacraft

I had an '83. The 16 feet refers to the gunnel length. With a reasonable payload, probably the best rowing fiberglass boat all time. FYI, it's not a highside.
  13. O' Clarkii Stomias

Beer and reels

I showed my Colorado born and raised buddy this: https://www.rossreels.com/animas-5-6-reel-coors-banquet.html He ordered it without batting an eye.🤣
  14. O' Clarkii Stomias

What's in your vise?

That screams pre spawn lake trout!
  15. O' Clarkii Stomias

What's in your vise?

That salmonfly is badass!
  16. O' Clarkii Stomias

Caught in the middle…

+1 on Korkers. Best wading boots ever!
  17. O' Clarkii Stomias

Microspey 4wt anyone?

Microspey = doesn't work in the wind!🤣 Grain weight is so subjective and finding the right line can be a bit of a challenge. I think a lot of it has to do with the taper of the line, and the casters technique. I have quite a few "orphaned" lines that just didn't work out, but they are very...
  18. O' Clarkii Stomias

Regal Vise

After years of tying on a number of different tubes, brass, copper, aluminum, and plastic, I've settled on Pro Sportsfisher plain plastic tubing. The Regal mandrels work very well with their tubing. I tied on a Renzetti tube vise for a long time, and the Regal is far superior. I don't tie in...
  19. O' Clarkii Stomias

Regal Vise

I bought one of these a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.