Search results

1. Jeff Dodd

Quick Trip

Fun morning Steve! I saw a muskrat working diligently on the shoulder of HWY 17, on the dam. He was there one my way into town, and again on my way back out. 😂
  2. IMG_4392.jpeg

IMG_4392.jpeg

3. IMG_4392.jpeg

IMG_4392.jpeg

4. Jeff Dodd

Central WA's husky rainbows 2/22/2024

catching picked up today. The smaller, 16” fish pull hard and this 22” fish was just what I was hoping to find. The trout were taking a brown and copper bead chironomid.
  5. IMG_4393.jpeg

IMG_4393.jpeg

6. IMG_4382.jpeg

IMG_4382.jpeg

7. Jeff Dodd

Central WA's husky rainbows 2/22/2024

Very slow fishing today on DF, but I managed a couple. One big fish, that made one big jump. This net is Moby Whale, for scale. The evening was calm, fish rising but I could not get my fly into their path. No pattern or consistency to their feeding. Maybe tomorrow
  8. IMG_4380.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

9. Jeff Dodd

Wanted Sage XP 5wt 9'0 Fly Rod

I picked up an do 510-4 on WFF for $400, and have no regrets. Never use my do 490-4 and think about listing it for sale, but never get around to it… Best of luck on your search. Finding a local to you seller is great, as the seller saves on a boat load of eBay and PayPal fees!
  10. Jeff Dodd

The good boat deal thread

Yes, I agree. I logged-in to share the same advisement 😀 Well cared for and nicely appointed.
  11. Jeff Dodd

Winter

Did she sell it for what he said he paid for it?
  12. Jeff Dodd

Who’d a thunk it…?

That sounds like a great trip Roper! Thanks for posting
  13. Jeff Dodd

Interior BC patterns?

In addition to chironomids and leeches, the mayflies will become an important food source in late May. I’ve had luck with pheasant tail nymph patterns modified to fish under an indicator. (Bead at thorax)
  14. Jeff Dodd

Meet on a lake Sat 3/16?

Wish I was able to join you Gary. Enjoy the day and don’t forget sunscreen! Woohoo
  15. Jeff Dodd

Blob Flies!

The real dark side… 😂
  16. IMG_3992.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg

17. Jeff Dodd

Blob Flies!

I don’t tie them too often but thought I should for a cold weekend fishing trip tomorrow. I’ve been using my own version (on the right) for years during winter months on Lone Lake. I like rabbit fur tails. That chartreuse works well this time of year, slow retrieved on a full sink line.
  18. image.jpg

image.jpg

19. Jeff Dodd

When is a 5 wt line not a 5 wt?

interesting Dave…. So what line weight should I order for my 5wt rod? 😂. A 7wt Amazon.com line?!?
  20. Jeff Dodd

Spring Creek Pram

Hi @keeganc . Did I offer you to try my 8’ Classic pram(maybe it was on WFF.com). Anyhow, if you’re interested in the Classic, I am a short drive to Blackmans Lake in Snohomish. You’re welcome to try it out. My boat has the pedestal seat manufactured 2” back, offering a bit extra leg room.