Search results

1. mattsavage

Redington Tilt as trout spey reel...?

well the Tilt has weights you can add to it. on my 11' 3wt euro rod, I have one of the three 1oz weights on it. When i find a cheap spey/switch rod, i guess i'll just compare weights to my euro rod?
  2. mattsavage

Awesome, thanks for the info. Thats what i was after. I have plenty of backing and mono around from my euro setups. time to hit the youtubes to understand all this skagit/scandi business...
  3. mattsavage

Thats what i figured... I think capacity was my biggest concern. It'll hold line for sure, but will it hold enough? I wasn't sure if it would suffice, since i don't really know what the the formula/materials for building the rig are.
  4. mattsavage

Hey, I have a spare Redington Tilt reel. I was thinking about trying out some spey technique for trout. Knowing nothing about the rigs and line setups, i was wondering if anyone thought the Tilt would work as a spey reel, being fullframe, large arbor? It says it has a capacity of 100yds/20#...
  5. mattsavage

Simms Bought for $192 Million

Vista has had massive layoffs across their portfolio over the last few months. I have friends at both Bell and Fox that have lost their jobs. Buy, buy, buy, then break it down. Seen this all too many times with cycling and action sports companies that get swooped up by big investment firms.
  6. mattsavage

NFR Best concerts

Nirvana at the OK Hotel in 91... I was 16yo, rode my bike there from the north end of elliot bay, magnolia area. The venue was all ages, but there was a bar out front and older dudes would buy me beer. Kurt Cobain jumped off stage to punch a skin head, first time Smells Like Teen Spirit was...
  7. mattsavage

Thank you for your service question.

Agreed. I was 5 years USN, mid 90's. No one ever seemed to say it back then. This seems to be a post 9/11 thing. It does make me uncomfortable, what am i supposed to say? "you're welcome.."? Its not like I really did anyone any favors, just another job. No one owes me anything (other than...
  8. mattsavage

Nehalem Sea Run question...

Would you wade in to an area like that or need a boat...? I would think the sand/sediment/mud would be pretty precarious to try to wade through.
  9. mattsavage

Foster Bros. Bamboo Rod line question...

Hey Phil, I'm in North Portland, Kenton neighborhood... We could meet at the fields at PIR if thats not too far for you. Lots of space, rarely very windy. I"m out of town this weekend, but maybe sometime in the next few weeks or after work before it gets dark. Or someplace closer to you/in...
  10. mattsavage

Foster Bros. Bamboo Rod line question...

Hi, so I was gifted a vintage bamboo rod from my father in law for my birthday last weekend. Its an 8' Foster Bros. "Brook" series. Alegedly its a 5wt, but in my uneducated and unexperienced fly fishing mind it feels a bit lighter than that. I purchased an older 5/6 Orvis Battenkill disc off...
  11. IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

12. IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

13. mattsavage

I failed to mention my time frame... This weekend, 6-9th i'll be there. But it sounds like i may have to cruise down stream a bit to find anything.
  14. mattsavage

How far up the Nehalem do sea runs go? I'm staying at a friends cabin up near the Lukarilla area, thought i'd give them a swing... If i have to cruise downstream, thats fine. Last time i drove through the area in early september, the river was dead slow and bathtub warm. Hopefully the cool...
  15. 1696352413193.png

1696352413193.png

16. mattsavage

New unused Redington Tilt Euro reel $200

New Redington Tilt Euro reel. Spooled up with 150’ of 20# backing, 40’ of 8# red Amnesia, 6’ of 6# flo green amnesia, 3’ of 4x indicator Never used, bought it as a spare but will probably never need it. I have the other 2-1oz counter weights, just didn’t screw them in for the photo. I’m in...
  17. mattsavage

The Mountain Bike Thread

Vittoria air liner, 100% weighs next to nothing, doesnt rattle around, it'll let your ride it out with single digit psi if there's a slow leak that wont seal or you burped it and dont have a pump or co2
  18. mattsavage

The Mountain Bike Thread

I built myself up one as well…. I find it every bit as capable as my 170mm trail bike, with the exception of braking over the chunder and roots. I do pick my lines a little more carefully just to ease the pain on my rear wheel, but the tire inserts really help take the sting off. I’m thinking...
  19. IMG_9590.jpeg

IMG_9590.jpeg