What's in your vise?

2. IMG_7148.jpeg

IMG_7148.jpeg

3. Stonedfish

Pickled Eggs, Sausage or Bologna

Had to look that one up. No, but I’d eat that for sure. 👍 SF
  4. Stonedfish

Intermediate Line

Wipe it down with rubbing alcohol or buff it with steel wool. Both were suggested to me by a fly shop, per the manufacturer’s recommendation and someone who makes lines for dealing with intermediate lines that didn’t sink. SF
  5. Stonedfish

I’ve been enjoying this lately. Must be because it has vinegar in it. 😉 Pickled baby corn is also very good. SF
  6. Stonedfish

But you feared no vampires afterwards….. 😉 SF
  7. Stonedfish

That looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing. SF
  8. Stonedfish

Comment by 'Stonedfish' in media 'IMG_5023.jpeg'

Diamond braid to build up the head coated with Bone Dry uv cure. That is marabou palmered on top of ostrich herl on the top one for the collar. I subscribed palmered cross cut bunny fur and rubber legs on the bottom one. I used a fish mask for the eye and a size 4 Mustad 3407 for the sacrificial...
  9. Stonedfish

Never tried cucumber or radish Kimchi. Pickled Okra is another thing I've enjoyed eating. SF
  10. Stonedfish

Thank looks very good. SF
  11. Stonedfish

I love pickled herring. A family tradition at both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hard to find good fresh pickled herring these days due to the lack of fish markets. Many have closed in recent years. Used to get big tubs of it from Sandy's on Greenwood Ave. Did I mention how much I love pickled...
  12. Stonedfish

NFR Humor

13. Stonedfish

It aint always easy

Billy's Bass Fishing Checklist...... 11 wt....check Big Ass Popper....check Tube, Waders and Fins....check DR Brush Mower......check Son! ;) SF
  14. Stonedfish

Yep, pickled veggies are great. I especially enjoy pickled asparagus. Pickled red onion or cucumbers in white or red wine vinegar are another favorite. I've been on a four bean salad tear lately. SF
  15. Stonedfish

Anyone else enjoy these? Anything with vinegar is great in my opinion. I've done pickled eggs, which were very good. My buddy gave me some pickled sausages that he made that were great. I plan to try making some pickled bologna. If you make any of these, please share your recipes especially your...
  16. Stonedfish

Dept. of Ecology declares drought emergency for most of Washington state

I’ve been there for a while. Summer is by far my least favorite season. Fall, winter, spring then summer in that order for me as far as favorite seasons. Not a fan of the smoke we’ve had in recent years either. SF
  17. Stonedfish

Dept. of Ecology declares drought emergency for most of Washington state

I’m hope we shift to La Niña and end up with one of those cool summers. Morning marine layers, some rain and temps rarely in the 80°. SF
  18. Stonedfish

They DARED TO REMOVE ME

Jim Travers seems to have been a bit off his game lately ever since the state snuffed out the local murder hornet population. Them bee's aren't a comin' no mo. Invasive species bring out the best in Big Jim. SF
  19. Stonedfish

NFR 2024 Garden and Growing Things thread

Top seed my lawn. It never recovered this spring. It’s an old lawn, facing south into the summer sun and the slope doesn’t help. I had a crane fly issue as well. Killed all the moss and raked it out. Treated for the crane flies. Just trying to get it looking halfway decent to get through this...
  20. Stonedfish

Backyard Wildlife

Just chillin out enjoying the day and the safety of my backyard after mowing some of my grass. I need to do some mowing myself. SF