fly tyers meeting (Albany Fly Tiers Expo March 10-11)

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Does anyone know if a guy could park a camper in the lot there for a couple of nights while they attend show?
Edit
Just looked it up and answered my question

Last edited:

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
Does anyone know if a guy could park a camper in the lot there for a couple of nights while they attend show?
Edit
Now I'm curious... do they allow overnight parking? They hold a ton of events at that fairgrounds so it wouldn't surprise me if they do.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
The website says yes with hookups
Provided there is no other events goin’ on.
Horse related events really take up the spaces.
Currently, UP is doing some track work and have taken up a large portion of the parking lot…they should be done mid-February.

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Edit
They do (or did anyway) and I've done it. Quite a few Expo participants do too. There are (or were) showers too. I'm look'n forward to it.

WonkyWapiti

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Having never been to this show I was wondering if there will be anyone selling fly fishing / tying books similar to the guy who would show up at The Fly Fishing Show with nothing but books on the subject for sale?

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I would love to go to a show like this, but we are just so far from everywhere. Maybe sometime, for now I'll just keep watching what everyone posts up here.
1675363764073.png

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just got an invite to do a tying table at the Expo. I will be tying during the 2:30-5:00PM session on Friday. Please stop by and say hello if you are at the show.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
Just got an invite to do a tying table at the Expo. I will be tying during the 2:30-5:00PM session on Friday. Please stop by and say hello if you are at the show.
Did they give you a table number or do they issue them when you get there? In the beginning Expos they'd send you a table number.

Bob N

Steelhead
The table number is posted on a board, on the tyers packet, and listed in the web site for those who were signed up.

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Did they give you a table number or do they issue them when you get there? In the beginning Expos they'd send you a table number.
Don’t know yet as there are still open spots. I am sure I can be found as I’ll be the amateur among professionals. Look for the Vietnam vet flag or the J. Stockard shirt.

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
As of last evening, Table 70 (back of venue) from 2:30 - 5:00 PM

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
If you’re tying I’ll travel from Arlington to watch
Keep us posted
Looks like I'll be there Friday. Probably both morning and late afternoon sessions.

There won't be anything tied on my vise there that's smaller than 6"

perhaps I'll be able to put faces to some names....🍻

Last edited:

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Looks like I'll be there Friday. Probably both morning and late afternoon sessions.

perhaps, I'll be able to put faces to some names....🍻
Sweet
I’ll see you there

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter

perhaps, I'll be able to put faces to some names....🍻

Ah bummer, i dont think im going to be able to make it until Saturday.