Awesome Dogs of PNW

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Game day ….this is why I can’t go fishing with him. Love him but water is his calling. Mainly jumping in and chasing anything thrown, seen, ( floating leaf) or fly casted 😞. He goes hyper mode near water. A 80lb golden retriever can put a big pull on you wanting water. Amazing determined strength.

Yes the tennis ball drift.
63E77458-9ADB-4B2E-8063-D4D030CC4777.jpeg

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
She doesn’t realize, this my chair…
You didn't realize this was her chair . . . fixed it, Roper. Hank usurped the chaise portion of my sectional years ago.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Game day ….this is why I can’t go fishing with him. Love him but water is his calling. Mainly jumping in and chasing anything thrown, seen, ( floating leaf) or fly casted 😞. He goes hyper mode near water. A 80lb golden retriever can put a big pull on you wanting water. Amazing determined strength.

Yes the tennis ball drift.
View attachment 38909
I’ve had a succession of Labs in the past, and tried to incorporate our first as a fishing partner. I used to Winter Steelhead a fair amount and took him, for a while. First off, he couldn’t stand to just sit on the beach, so he’d swim out to me, hip deep, and swim in place. I worried about him. But eventually he’d spot another fisherman maybe a hundred yards downstream, and off he’d go bounding through the run to make a new friend. I was so proud. Fortunately these guys were (apparently) all dog people so I didn’t get death threats.

MSehlin

Smolt
Is that a Great Pyrenees? I ask because we have one who loves to lay in the tub, especially in the summer when it's hot. But it's pretty unnerving when you walk into the bathroom to pee at 3am and suddenly realize there's a very large presence in the tub: View attachment 41141
Yes it is a Pyrenees. Luckily he sleeps in a kennel otherwise we would find him in the tub at 3 am. I am sure that is an unnerving feeling.

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Apologies in advance for the thread drift but I've been dealing with a sick pup for a couple weeks and it's looking like she has perianal fistula.

If anyone has been unfortunate enough to deal with this disorder (and is willing), wanna send me a PM with what our future looks like?

My dog is just shy of 5 years old so it's kind of a shock.

Thanks in advance,

Mike d