AC or DC Raft Pump Recommendations

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm looking for recommendations on electric pumps, either ac or dc as I have a solar generator that provides ac power.
I already have a 12vdc LVM, which is a great high volume pump, but as usual it's at my other place.
What I'm looking for is something less expensive to inflate my RMR Storm on occasion.
TIA for any and all suggestions.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
NRS also has a sale now and you might find something more appropriate for your raft. Their shipping is fast!

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You have to completely open the valve for this thing to work, which is why you can’t pump it all the way full. But for my frameless pontoon, it is very minor to top it off. My K-pump is a small one. If you have bigger one, no problem.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If you have the Ryobi battery tools, I have the Ryobi air station. I have to open the valves to inflate. Can do the car tires too and that has saved my bacon a couple times.
My Ryobi stuff is the older generation, 18 volt but blue and yellow, so I doubt I could find accessories.:(

Tacovedo

B-Run Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I've been eying Outdoor Master's The Shark (12v DC) and The Whale (battery/12v DC/AC) for quite a while, though they are not cheap — hence why I've been eying them. But you should definitely check them out.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I've used this coleman pump that runs on 4D's for years to do air beds, doughnuts and now the fishcat, anything that takes air when away. Top off with the kpump. If I'm home I use the rainbow vac set up to blow. Not fast but quick enough for me.

Attachments

• 20220929_090752[1].jpg
    20220929_090752[1].jpg
    564 KB · Views: 3

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
I finally quit screwing around with 2 or 3 separate electrics which always seemed to fail at some critical juncture and just use a K-pump 100. Extremely fool resistant, does not require electricity.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Another Ryobi fan, my 14’ x 22” RMR cat tubes take less than 3 minutes each to fill followed by a couple strokes of the K-Pump 100. I’ve gone to the Ryobi One+ 18v system with all my cordless tools, reasonable price and durability. When batteries wear out one can buy Chinese replacements on Amazon for 50% of Ryobi price.

Drysideshooter

Freshly Spawned
I have been using a Nixy Ventus 12v pump to inflate an Outcast Striker. I like that you can set the pressure, and it quits pumping when that pressure is reached. Makes it easy to do other things while the boat is inflating without worrying. The Striker only gets inflated to 2.5psi, but the pump is designed to inflate up to 20psi for standup paddle boards and such. So far I've been happy with the performance of the pump. Of course we keep a K-Pump in the boat to top off.