NFR Do you believe?

Non-fishing related

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Oh I believe! I just don't think this incident is best explained by an alien UFO. It's too close to Area 51 and military bases that test experimental craft. Pilots or passengers that are 8 to 10' tall though, that's almost convincing.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
If you hear something slapping your house, you’ll know they are real. Could be Bigfoot, gnomes or possibly other things.
SF
Don't forget Man-Bear-Pig ...he's a notorious house slapper. ;)

Count me as a believer - this world is getting stranger all the time.

Ask me 10 years ago if some of the US events of recent years could have happened and I'd have laughed you outta the room.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Having lived in the Vegas area for a few years, this doesn't surprise me.
Take a couple of dozen drives at night north of Vegas on 95 or 93 and sooner or later you'll see something that might get your imagination stirring.
Lots of night ops training out there, lots of other things / technologies / drones / other equipment being tested or developed that doesn't exist yet, as far as we know.
So, somebody was testing something, and it landed where it shouldn't have and took off again before anybody recorded it, the rest is imagination mixed with excitement.
Oh I believe! I just don't think this incident is best explained by an alien UFO. It's too close to Area 51 and military bases that test experimental craft. Pilots or passengers that are 8 to 10' tall though, that's almost convincing.

This is an interesting take on the whole UFO-UAP issue; at least as it pertains to the leaked Navy CIC and FLIR "Tic-Tac" footage, that sounds vaguely like the type of craft reported in the OP video.

Some highlights:
4:53 - The FLIR footage is real, [reasonable analysis basically puts the options into three categories:] a domestic developmental program, a near-peer spy program, or aliens."
13:25 - options restated, and his personal analysis about the government response.

It doesn't speak to the report of concomitant 8'-10' tall "creatures" with "big" and "shiny" eyes along with the unidentified craft in the backyard. However could that also be part of an elaborate misdirection? 🤔

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
The government decided they wouldn't use the term "UFO" because it is associated with "little green men". So they came up with their own three letter reference. We've called them UFOs for decades but now they are supposed to be called UAPs (unidentified aerial phenomena).

I was watching an episode of Skin Walker Ranch and one of the guest government researchers had came up with the official term of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena for use when describing ... well, a UFO.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The guy comes across like an idiot trying to sound intelligent in the video of post #24.
Imo...

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
on a more serious note...
the speed of light threshold means that travelling at any speed below it requires travel times between galaxies/solar systems in hundreds if not thousands of years = generation ships.
Considering we're in a rather remote part of the galaxy when compared to the main hub, where literally billions of solar systems exist, pretty unlikely there would be a compelling reason for Earth to be a destination. Of course, if Warp 5 was on tap, maybe a 'safari destination' to view the wildlife here (us) could be on some goggle eye bucket list.
Liu Cixin noted in his book 'The Three Body Problem', that a core drivier for intelligent life is compettion for resources, and that if another civilization did notice us from afar, they would more than likely launch a planet ending BFR (big f'n rock) at us to end any possible future competition.
And speaking of BFR's, anyone doubt that if China gets a serious toehold in space before us they wouldn't make that their new big stick?

Reactions: Zak

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
It doesn't speak to the report of concomitant 8'-10' tall "creatures" with "big" and "shiny" eyes along with the unidentified craft in the backyard.

The guy must have a danged big backyard. No way could a UFO crash in my backyard if it was flown by 8-10 foot aliens.

Mayb 8-10 inch aliens but that would be all.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
on a more serious note...
the speed of light threshold means that travelling at any speed below it requires travel times between galaxies/solar systems in hundreds if not thousands of years = generation ships.
Considering we're in a rather remote part of the galaxy when compared to the main hub, where literally billions of solar systems exist, pretty unlikely there would be a compelling reason for Earth to be a destination. Of course, if Warp 5 was on tap, maybe a 'safari destination' to view the wildlife here (us) could be on some goggle eye bucket list.
Liu Cixin noted in his book 'The Three Body Problem', that a core drivier for intelligent life is compettion for resources, and that if another civilization did notice us from afar, they would more than likely launch a planet ending BFR (big f'n rock) at us to end any possible future competition.
And speaking of BFR's, anyone doubt that if China gets a serious toehold in space before us they wouldn't make that their new big stick?
"I worry about people who throw rocks"

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
It doesn't speak to the report of concomitant 8'-10' tall "creatures" with "big" and "shiny" eyes along with the unidentified craft in the backyard.

The guy must have a danged big backyard. No way could a UFO crash in my backyard if it was flown by 8-10 foot aliens.

Mayb 8-10 inch aliens but that would be all.
If this screenshot of the aerial footage in the OP vid is the location (looks like the gate to the "backyard" at the left-front corner of the house and the white SUV shown @ 2:48 in the vid), that's a "BIG" backyard.
1686334153486.png
Heck, the Lil Cub II (Afterburner) set a new STOL record in Valdez by taking off in 13 feet 8 inches, and landing in 10 feet 5 inches... 🛩️ 😉

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
No effing way we're alone in this universe. There are more stars in the part of the universe we can see, than all the grains of sand on every beach on Earth. AND, we now know there are planets around most stars.

That said, my skepticism comes down to whether it's possible for biological aliens to travel interstellar distances. As far as we know the speed of light is an unbreakable speed limit. Even the nearest stars are decades long trips at even half light speed.

If faster than light travel is possible, then maybe. Hopefully they haven't tuned into our broadcasts or they'll probably come to cure the human infection on this planet. 😬

Trout Trekker

Steelhead
The Raiders are proof of extraterrestrial life...hence the Black Hole
Did you hear?

Just a few days ago during the unsettled weather Las Vegas was having, there were fears that a tornado might touchdown within the city limits. Officials quickly moved to prepare Allegiant Stadium to be used as an emergency shelter during the crisis. City fathers stated that they felt confident that the stadium would provide a safe venue for the public since touchdowns rarely occur there.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

We need a nationwide blood test to sniff out the aliens.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Travel through worm holes? Perhaps.
I believe we are witnessing anomalies which occur in a dimension humans don’t live in and only occasionally witness.
Why do so many experts and well respected people put their reputations on the line while coming clean?
Who built the great pyramid at Giza? How?
And why at Baalbek Lebanon did the people use such huge (really huge) megalithic stones for construction?
Too many questions that don’t jive with the mainstream theories

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Did you hear?

Just a few days ago during the unsettled weather Las Vegas was having, there were fears that a tornado might touchdown within the city limits. Officials quickly moved to prepare Allegiant Stadium to be used as an emergency shelter during the crisis. City fathers stated that they felt confident that the stadium would provide a safe venue for the public since touchdowns rarely occur there.
ouch...