Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
Cover with mesh if you can
My issue this year is bunnies
First time ever
My dog is 4 for 4 so maybe it’ll work out
I have got to get some tomorrow.
I have the rabbits fenced out but the squirrels are like acrobats, they can scale any thing and jump 10 feet from tree to tree. It will take 1" chicken wire to keep 'em out.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Are these posts of yours a solicitation? Cuz if they are, I know a guy . . .
The last thing I need is more work...but for the right amount of money (read a lot) I've been known to do it anyway...🤣🤣🤣
It is a joy to see mature landscaping. Takes a lot of effort and even more time.
It is a lot of work, but also very gratifying.
I did not plant the rose, but have trained it for 7 years now.
One of the high points in the garden this month for sure.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I got a hose made by Goodyear that was pricey but has been pretty badass, as far as hoses go.
My favorite hose is also the Goodyear one. Like others, I hate 95% of the hose I've bought. But this ones been solid

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I need to redo the strawberries, raise them and add a path. It kills my back to reach in so far.
20230611_103255.jpg
But nice berries grow here
20230611_103022.jpg
The raspberries are in rows on wire, much easier.
20230611_103503.jpg
And I got the Rainier tree a good shape. Gonna be easy pickings soon.
20230611_103346.jpg20230611_103411.jpg

Flymph

Steelhead
Some of my corn stalks are turning yellow? Too much/too little water? Lack of nitrogen? If lack of nitrogen is the culprit is coffee grounds a fair remedy?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
If yellow and crispy too dry, if yellow and limp/soft too wet or lack of nutrients.
I would use a fertilizer rather than coffee grounds...
Poor root growth can inhibit nutrient uptake in corn also. It grows fast and feeds heavily. Corn needs about an inch of water a week generally...consistent water when tasseling.

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I have got to get some tomorrow.
I have the rabbits fenced out but the squirrels are like acrobats, they can scale any thing and jump 10 feet from tree to tree. It will take 1" chicken wire to keep 'em out.
Fred -
We fight squirrels for the walnuts we grow; squirrels eat walnuts well before they're ripe and ready to harvest. I've attempted to trap squirrels (snap trap) and in three years caught one squirrel, two rabbits, a couple quail and one dumb tom cat three times. I don't know what it is about squirrels and the live snap traps I had placed, wrong bait? I grew frustrated with the live traps and donated them to a friend (he caught a skunk :ROFLMAO:). Anymore, I use a Gamo .177 pellet rifle and get me some camp meat.