Recent content by Tubbster

1. Tubbster

2024 Fishing Aspirations

Just had my 3rd shoulder surgery in August. I’ve come to terms that casting normally (even gear fishing) is going to hurt. My wife got me a 5wt opst trout Spey rod for SRC this Christmas. My goal this year is to learn to Spey cast in the sound this year.
  2. Tubbster

Puget Sound

I’m genuinely curious. It’s pretty high up there! Don’t know how long it’s been there but it’s at one of my favorite beaches, just haven’t been out in about 6 months.
  3. 7CC6B402-A16C-4448-B1CA-F11C721474D5.jpeg

7CC6B402-A16C-4448-B1CA-F11C721474D5.jpeg

4. Tubbster

Recent additions/improvements you've made to your bench

Where did you get that light? I like it
  5. Tubbster

Vise base/tool caddy

I usually use this for working in the garage but I had an extra and an idea. Fits my Peak vise very snug. Also fits thread bobbins and small resin bottles. Got it from harbor freight. Don’t remember the cost but it was pretty cheap. It’s non slip, rubbery and heavy.
  6. 0372FB5C-5ABE-44CE-B9BE-A96FE034D5C1.jpeg

0372FB5C-5ABE-44CE-B9BE-A96FE034D5C1.jpeg

7. ACE320EA-1E77-4DE0-9604-B1249991855E.jpeg

ACE320EA-1E77-4DE0-9604-B1249991855E.jpeg

8. Tubbster

Fishing the Miyawaki Beach Popper

Thanks Leland. I just tied some up this weekend, I’ll give it a go with the brush soon!
  9. Tubbster

Fishing the Miyawaki Beach Popper

Are you not using the Icelandic sheep hair anymore?
  10. Tubbster

Any SUP boarders in here that fish?

I thought it was gonna take a miracle for my tubby self to paddle one but I did it. My first time was in Hawaii and they said I need a “healthy” size board. Which meant a huge board. I really liked that they said healthy
  11. Tubbster

I’ve done it a few times (just paddle boarding) and it is a ton of fun! I was just in Hawaii and saw people fishing from paddle boards in a relatively calm area and thought maybe it could work here. Didn’t take into account of our huge tidal swings we have. Come to think of it, I think they...
  12. Tubbster

Back at it

As the title says it, after a few years off, I went and swung a fly rod for a bit. I’m out of my quarantine as of today so decided to sleep in, enjoy the morning at home then went out. I went to a well known state park And started casting. My cast was terrible, hitting me in the back of the...
  13. Tubbster

You actually go out with a dry suit to fish on a board? That’s hardcore
  14. Tubbster

What's in your vise?

Last day of quarantine and I’m feeling so much better just still exhausted. Did a simple tie because I wanted to get ready to go out to see if I have the energy to swing a few flies. Variation on a Mulkkis Fly. My favorite flies to tie are definitely shrimp patterns.
  15. Tubbster

People are hardcore. I saw a video of some boarders that go out as soon as the ice is broken up enough in the salt. I mean they were wearing wetsuits but still that’s cold! Doubtful they fell in anyways