Recent content by the_grube

1. the_grube

Giving up in frustration

Bought a regal rotary about 6mo. ago. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
  2. the_grube

Cheap-ass winter stick. TFO Pro II, 11'6" 7/8. Question...

650 on a 7/8 weight seems over the top. I have 3 lines that might fit that rod you can try for free if you cover the postage, want to drive to Roseburg, buy me a beer or some combination. 2 skagits at 525/22' and 575/24' and a Rage at ~520/28'. PM me if you're interested.
  3. the_grube

"riffle hitched' tube flies

All this is getting me excited for summer fishing: wet wading, full float Scandi or short-belly. Nothing to carry but a an extra leader, some tippet and a handful of flies.
  4. the_grube

I bought a couple of these last year https://www.umpqua.com/boilermaker-grillos/ I rig it the same as you do the muddler, non slip Loop on that down eye hook. It floats ass-end down without tension and makes a modest wake under tension. I suspect the 'riffle hitched' tube flies will do the same.
  5. the_grube

Found this interesting https://rifflinghitch.com/product/moose-turd-bomber-small-black-8-10/ . Here's a tying video at the point where the tube is being pierced . Anyone fish or fished tube flies like this?
  6. the_grube

new stick for the spey quiver

Got out and casted it last night. Paired it with a Rio Scandi short @ 390gr that I found on sale. Seemed to fit the rod really well. First impressions are that the rod is just what I was hoping for: light, crisp, with a fast tip with effortless casts for smallish flies. I'm a big fan of the X...
  7. the_grube

Trailer problem

Good info here. I also have a tendency to throttle off the bunks at times rather than get out and back the truck up further. I wouldn't think an outboard motor would have that kind of torque, but it is a 60hp. If that connection allowed the bunks to slide back and stress those connectors? I...
  8. the_grube

Prolapsed Bladder...

I think the FishCat has the same frame as the PAC. I know the bladder and valve are different, but not sure about the bags. I'm gonna call Outcast and find out. If it matches and you still have it maybe you'd like to sell it?
  9. the_grube

Prolapsed Bladder...

Not me, my pontoon boat... made you look though. Not my week for watercraft. Trailer problems on the big boat, and a torn bag on the Outcast PAC1200. Lucky for me this happened about .5mi from the takeout in a frog-water area. Bladder held air and seems fine. I've reached out to Outcast about...
  10. the_grube

Trailer problem

That's a great observation. I've been wondering how this could have happened. I think that nut is supposed to allow some rotation of the bunks, Maybe I need to replace with a ny-lock or a larger bolt and double nut assembly.
  11. the_grube

Deschutes and Numpqua summer run.
  12. the_grube

Trailer problem

3 year old Karavan trailer. Noticed this the other day while it was sitting in my driveway. This is a shot of one of the risers and mounting brackets for the bunks. All 4 are bent towards the stern of the trailer, and skewed like this. Anyone seen this before?
  13. the_grube

Ashland Fly shop had a used Sage X 6120 for $550, my fingers filled in the purchase form before my brain could say 'slow your roll there little digits'.. Times like these I think that the determinist approach to reality has some real weight. The arrangement of the space-time field at the moment...
  14. the_grube

Regal Vise

Travle vise's, tube vises. I need to get with the program. If only Edel produced vise's as well as fly reels https://www.spinozarods.com/products/edel-david-titanium-trout-fly-reel Then I would have an edel-vise... queue up the sound of music sound-track
  15. the_grube

Umpqua Fly Tying and Casting Festival

I volunteer for https://flyfishingveterans.org/ one of the groups sponsoring the event. Hope to see lots of pnwff'ers come out this year.