Recent content by Ron McNeal

1. Ron McNeal

New bobber gives you “20%-100% more takes”!

FWIW, Fulling Mill was unhappy with the first commercial run of these and has re-worked production so as to offer uniform quality and will have them available for sale here in the States later this Summer. Seriously...
  2. Ron McNeal

FishWA App Update

👏👏 Thanks for the heads-up.
  3. Ron McNeal

A wet, windy week at Patagonian BaseCamp, Chile in mid-March

Wow! THANKS!! Very neat to know that someone's out there taking trips like that and then taking the time to craft such an entertaining and informative account of the trip. Talk about setting the bar........ Sheesh....... :) :)
  4. Ron McNeal

Interior BC patterns?

I don't know how his record with innovation compares with John Kent's, but Trevor Tatarczuk (one of the BC Fly Guys) is another BC tyer worth following. :) :) EDIT - Just thought of another BC tyer of note: Wes Penny & his Flame Lily Flies. Wes is quite an innovator.
  5. Ron McNeal

Whatizzt?

Brilliant!!
  6. Ron McNeal

Interior BC patterns?

Also, you might check out BCFlyGuys on YouTube. You'll find a bunch of videos about tying productive BC patterns.
  7. Ron McNeal

Interior BC patterns?

Those, most likely, would be all you need.
  8. Ron McNeal

Interior BC patterns?

FWIW, I've always caught fish trolling a peacock Carey Special on an intermediate line. Tequila Boobies are also productive:
  9. IMG_E7260.jpeg

IMG_E7260.jpeg

10. Ron McNeal

Floating Line Recommendations ???

Thanks, everyone. Appreciate your responses.
  11. Ron McNeal

Floating Line Recommendations ???

Any thoughts about the best new floating lines for throwing an indicator set-up?
  12. Ron McNeal

UV fluorescent materials

FWIW - Jerry Buren (passionate chironomider & author) from Marysville, re-tied most all of his vast chironomid arsenal using fluorescent orange beads a couple of years ago after being given a fluoro-beaded chirony (& the reason for using it) by a seasoned & sage fisher while he (Jerry) was on...
  13. Ron McNeal

Meadow Lake Fish Camp

I, too, would love to have Hayden's contact info. Sadly, I don't. Hoping that, maybe, someone else does........
  14. Ron McNeal

Pizza oven thread

VERY, VERY COOL!!!!!
  15. Ron McNeal

First Place Swap

Thanks for taking the time to offer such a thorough response. I thought dubbing might be at least a part of the puzzle. And, having grown up in Michigan, I'm just a bit curious about this "Jo" person. Where was her Sports Shop?