Recent content by rattlesnake

1. R

Favorite bass rod weight, what you got?

8wt for me. If it’s windy or throwing larger or wind resistant flies, it works well. Can still make it be a little more subtle with low and or clear water by lengthening leader. Fishing river smallmouth (most of what I do), it works for the flies and also give that extra leverage for fish as...
  2. R

What's Catching You Fish?

Fishing was slow overall but peanuts were getting eats this weekend.
  3. IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

4. R

vices?

Interesting to see the variety of preferences here. I used to use a regal and loved it but decided to go a different route. I have a renzetti traveller and I like it well enough for traveling but at home I prefer a clamp vs pedestal base. Currently using dyna king trekker. Surprised at how...
  5. R

What's in your vise?

Thanks. In this instance the white is ep crustaceous brush. All the others are stacked Congo hair (kinda like tying a kinky muddler). I like the Congo hair much better as it’s easier to get the density and shape you want.
  6. R

What's in your vise?

more peanuts. Finished the head on the bottom left, see second pic. Not sure I like it but gunna fish it and see what it looks like before I cut it off and redo (for the fifth time)
  7. IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5071.jpeg

8. IMG_5054.jpeg

IMG_5054.jpeg

9. R

2-Piece Rods

Agreed. I have 2,3, and 4 pc rods. The older rods you could tell the difference but not so much anymore. Like I have some of the old st croix clouser rods. The 2pc is much softer than the 3pc but I like them both, just with different lines. I’d likely buy more 2 pc rods if more were available.
  10. R

What's in your vise?

Another peanut. My favorite color combo… well one of em.
  11. IMG_5033.jpeg

IMG_5033.jpeg

12. R

Brush Table?

Interesting point about spinning both ends. I knew my process worked ok enough but it wasn’t as good as a store bought brush and figured it may be due to spinning each end. Thanks for the tip.
  13. R

Brush Table?

Basically like this but I modified it a bit.
  14. R

Brush Table?

I don’t but have used a binder clip on the edge of my table. Take wire through the loop on the clip. Wax the wire, and use a spring hand clamp to clamp one piece of wire to table and move the other out of the way. Build the brush and bring the other piece of wire back over. Pinch both ends down...
  15. R

What's in your vise?

Couple peanuts