Recent content by QuickreleaseEN

1. QuickreleaseEN

What's in your vise?

I've never hooked a steelhead on a fly with dumbell eyes and rarely fish/tie them. They cast worse, look far less sexy to my discerning eyes, snag way more... but, I felt inspired thinking of a few runs that might fish well with either some profile or some suck-egg action, and I bet there's...
  2. IMG_3319.jpeg

IMG_3319.jpeg

3. IMG_3320.jpeg

IMG_3320.jpeg

4. QuickreleaseEN

Run Etiquette

I try and make it a point to talk to other angler(s) if I'm walking into a spot. I've asked if I can fish behind someone a bunch of times and don't think I've ever been told no. Or ask them if they're gonna continue to walk up or downriver. Striking up conversation is the easiest way for people...
  5. QuickreleaseEN

What's in your vise?

Sunny, cold, clear water... thinking about stuff like this. Small flies with contrast and lots of translucency. These two are about 2.5" Between the flu and inclement weather, I haven't even cast a fly in 2024. Hoping to change that soon...
  6. IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

7. IMG_3310.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

8. IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

9. IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3302.jpeg

10. IMG_3300.jpeg

IMG_3300.jpeg

11. IMG_3298.jpeg

IMG_3298.jpeg

12. QuickreleaseEN

What's in your vise?

Some summer steelhead favorites. And some well chewed soldiers.. Really missing those fish....
  13. QuickreleaseEN

Go-to Trout Lake Patterns

Not to be overlooked: Sticklebacks. An abundant foodsource in most waterbodies in Western Washington State, especially for the notoriously piscivorous Coastal Cutthroat. They're small, usually not much bigger than 2 inches and most commonly 20-50mm. Rolled muddlers, small matuka, zonker or...
  14. QuickreleaseEN

The Mountain Whitefish, aka Short Fin Grayling thread

One of the largest whities I've caught took a smallish sculpin streamer. It didn't compare to some of the hogs y'all are posting though! I'm white with envy. To any new people looking to explore this wonderful fish! Whitefish have an uncanny desire to death roll and violently flip back and...
  15. QuickreleaseEN

What's Catching You Fish?

Those look really nice. I really like the olive one with the black head. Do you fish droppers off of the balanced shank? I played with that idea a few years ago but never got around to test it much.