Recent content by nwbobber

1. N

Cold weather coming this week, get those hose bibs covered...

If you have to replace it it might be worth the extra work to use one of these...
  2. N

I'm 66. It's been a shitshow most of the snowstorms I've seen. Not because they don't "know how to drive in it", like a lot of folks from colder climes claim, but because of the preparedness of the drivers (tires) and the fact that snow and ice close to their melting point is at it's slickest...
  3. N

NFR What Are You Reading

I'm about halfway through The Wager by David Grann. Well written and researched story of a shipwreck and mutiny in the 1700's while Britain was warring with Spain.
  4. N

You guys in Montana and the like probably don't have to contend with the people limping around with nearly bald tires who can't seem to understand they should not take a vehicle equipped in such a way out on the roads with nearly molten h2o. We have reason to be afraid when the snow comes. Of...
  5. N

NFR Anybody want to shoot some owls....

There is no way in my opinion that these owls are going to put back where they belong. That goes for most of these invasive. We got lucky on the murder hornets. Once there are widespread reproducing pairs, we might as well get used to the fact that they are part of the new ecosystem.
  6. N

Butchering your own animal

I always wash the meat off with a water vinegar solution. I don't want dirt on my food. Never had a problem with it. We always do it as soon as we get it home or wherever we can hang it up.
  7. N

Butchering your own animal

I would only hang it until the rigor mortise starts to recede. Shove your thumb into the hindquarter every day, and when it softens up a bit it's time. The best venison burger I ever had was mixed with beef plate for the fat which is basically the belly of the cow.... think beef bacon. I do...
  8. N

NFR Rivian R1T Driven Yesterday

I don't, but we have had a Tesla model y for about three months now, and I can say that the cheapest charging I have found are at the superchargers, and the cheapest of them are at Tesla dealerships. Some of the cost is due to the cost of electricity in the area. I live in Cowlitz county and...
  9. N

That's for people who are clogging up the chargers charging their vehicles at over 90%, which slows the rate way down. I think it is a great thing for people who want to use an ev, to kick people like that off the charging infrastructure. It gets really congested in the Seattle area, the cars...
  10. N

Here is the trailer for an EV pickup... if you can afford it. https://lightshiprv.com/l1
  11. N

Point up or points down? (Poll and comments)

How do you get them to the silverware drawer then? In a restaurant the employees wear gloves. In a home not so much.
  12. N

Honestly though, in that type dishwasher, the silver is sanitary after the cycle is finished , so why would you want to put your dirty hands on the part that goes in your mouth?
  13. N

Sideways, obviously.
  14. IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

15. N

Learning fly selection

More than half the fun of flyfishing for me is solving the puzzle. When I started I joined d a club and found a mentor (actually several). Many recommended entomology books, classes, fly tying classes with folks who will talk about the bugs as they show you how to imitate them. I read...