Recent content by Norm Frechette

1. Norm Frechette

vices?

my "vice" is short blondes 😁 my "vise" is a renzetti traveler 👍 great for salmon and steelhead flies 👍
  2. Norm Frechette

Whatizzt?

put a spool of thread on one of those wire brackets to find out if it holds a spool. then post another photo the hooks on the left are designed for popper flies
  3. Norm Frechette

What's in your vise?

try coating the head area with epoxy or uv resin. them paint the eyes on the coated head or use stick on eyes
  4. Norm Frechette

What's in your vise?

Last Chance
  5. 1710283286668.png

1710283286668.png

6. Norm Frechette

Glass vs tungsten beads

google found these silver lined beads
  7. 1710283120140.png

1710283120140.png

8. Norm Frechette

Glass vs tungsten beads

glass for show, tungsten for below
  9. Norm Frechette

Anyone tie a Pig Boat fly? Maybe for bass?

not really on the "meat whistle" comparison Calcasieu Pig Boat most probably out dates the meat whistle and probably the 2 you posted in your original posting they look pretty damn similar to the Calcasieu Pig Boat most https://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw2/022006fotw.php
  10. Norm Frechette

Anyone tie a Pig Boat fly? Maybe for bass?

Calcasieu Pig Boat Hook - Bass style Thread - Black Hackle - Your favorite color Body - Chenille in your favorite color Legs - 56 strands of rubber legs (original recipe?) Head - Built up thread UV Resin Reference http://www.warmwaterflytyer.com/corner.asp?page=2
  11. 1710101811334.png

1710101811334.png

12. Norm Frechette

What's in your vise?

Colburn - Blue Colburn - Claret Colburn - Orange Colburn - Special
  13. Norm Frechette

What's in your vise?

Teagle Bee
  14. Norm Frechette

Just started tying wanted to share what i have done

take a pinch of dubbing and drop it. if it floats in the air you have the right amount. if not, cut the amount in half and try again
  15. Norm Frechette

What's in your vise?

Silver Blue