1. K

gear price jumps

For $ 180 it better come with some free sex offering
  2. K

Dog Bite On Waders

Another reason to always carry a wading staff/spear
  3. K

SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

If I didn't live 3,000 miles away the boat would be hooked up to my Tacoma and taken home
  4. K

SFR Cold Water Canoe Capsizing - Near Fatal Event -

Seems to me this has been covered before:
  5. K

Awesome Dogs of PNW

I watched the eclipse outside of St. Johnsbury VT at Dog Mountain. It is a 150-acre piece of land dedicated to dogs and has a memorial chapel. The walls/ceilings of the chapel are covered with messages from people who have lost their dogs. Very moving, almost makes you cry to read some...
  6. K

Total Eclipse!!! Awesome.... Experience of a lifetime!

I was in Northern VT. Spectacular event! Traffic was beyond awful to get back home to NH. Poor planning on my part, so for next New England Eclipse in May of 2079 I will have thought out better logistics.
  7. K

Flashlight?

Try Harbor Freight. I have several of their "tactical" lights with lumens greater than 800 and one about 1,500. They use standard batteries as well. Their prices are much cheaper than the "manly" brands. I have a Maglight which was issued to me from work. It is no better than the HF brand...
  8. K

Grey Ghosts

I hate the late Carrie Stevens for developing that pattern for Salmon in Maine. I find it a real pain to tie, but as it "works" I find that I must tie some up every year. Dave McPhail's video is the "standard" for tying the Ghost. If you ever find yourself in the Rangely Maine area, be...
  9. K

Old Guy question

Royal Coachman, Royal Wolffe, and Trude are good standard flies to keep in any box as they catch fish
  10. K

LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

Maybe it has blue tooth, and you could use it to make obnoxious loud cell phone calls while floating. You can tell your caller how beautiful and peaceful it is to be on the river.
  11. K

SFR Iowa Fish Kill (Missouri River)-NY Times

This spill is about 1,000 miles So/Ea of Craig MT, but according to the article a "common" issue https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/29/us/iowa-spill-fish-kill.html Link is behind a paywall, but there may be local postings by some outlet in the PNW
  12. K

vices?

For my first hundred years I tied with a Thompson A, the next 100 with an HMH standard, and now with a Renzetti Presentation. I too found the Traveller "too light". Having a full rotary vise was something I did not know I needed until I got one.
  13. K

Brush Table?

Not to knock anyone's ingenuity, but from what I have seen here, the brush table seems to be a solution in search of a problem. I suspect it would be worthwhile for a commercial tier, but for the hobby tier, not so much.
  14. K

What's in your vise?

Rusty Spinner with Egg Sac (2 variations) I don't know if there is a West Coast variation, but the Hendrickson Fly (Ephemerella subvaria) is a big time important Hatch in New England. They come in a few different varieties of color and size, so local species determine what you dunk into the...
  15. 20240319_141339.jpg

20240319_141339.jpg