Recent content by Jeff Dodd

1. Jeff Dodd

Wanted Sage XP 5wt 9'0 Fly Rod

I picked up an do 510-4 on WFF for $400, and have no regrets. Never use my do 490-4 and think about listing it for sale, but never get around to it… Best of luck on your search. Finding a local to you seller is great, as the seller saves on a boat load of eBay and PayPal fees!
  2. Jeff Dodd

The good boat deal thread

Yes, I agree. I logged-in to share the same advisement 😀 Well cared for and nicely appointed.
  3. Jeff Dodd

Winter

Did she sell it for what he said he paid for it?
  4. Jeff Dodd

Who’d a thunk it…?

That sounds like a great trip Roper! Thanks for posting
  5. Jeff Dodd

Interior BC patterns?

In addition to chironomids and leeches, the mayflies will become an important food source in late May. I’ve had luck with pheasant tail nymph patterns modified to fish under an indicator. (Bead at thorax)
  6. Jeff Dodd

Meet on a lake Sat 3/16?

Wish I was able to join you Gary. Enjoy the day and don’t forget sunscreen! Woohoo
  7. Jeff Dodd

Blob Flies!

The real dark side… 😂
  8. IMG_3992.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg

9. Jeff Dodd

Blob Flies!

I don’t tie them too often but thought I should for a cold weekend fishing trip tomorrow. I’ve been using my own version (on the right) for years during winter months on Lone Lake. I like rabbit fur tails. That chartreuse works well this time of year, slow retrieved on a full sink line.
  10. image.jpg

image.jpg

11. Jeff Dodd

When is a 5 wt line not a 5 wt?

interesting Dave…. So what line weight should I order for my 5wt rod? 😂. A 7wt Amazon.com line?!?
  12. Jeff Dodd

Spring Creek Pram

Hi @keeganc . Did I offer you to try my 8’ Classic pram(maybe it was on WFF.com). Anyhow, if you’re interested in the Classic, I am a short drive to Blackmans Lake in Snohomish. You’re welcome to try it out. My boat has the pedestal seat manufactured 2” back, offering a bit extra leg room.
  13. Jeff Dodd

It's a jungle out there!

What a disappointment to hear. I’ve been towed once, and I’ve spent hours helping a couple guys out of a bad situation and tow them to a protected bay…. I wasn’t in the mood and they were so stoned they didn’t even know they were at Whidbey Island rather than Jefferson Head 😂. You just...
  14. Jeff Dodd

What's in your vise?

Plate River Spider. Finding the right materials was a battle. I’d not tied this fly in a long time, but it’s fun to tie and catches fish in lakes, rivers and the saltwater. Searun cutthroat love to take this pattern. I think Blue, from the old forum, tied this fly for a swap. It became a...
  15. IMG_3968.jpeg

IMG_3968.jpeg