Recent content by headduck

1. H

The good boat deal thread

I saw the ad listed CL on the east side, maybe yakima.
  2. H

Non-Fly Strait/Sound Halibut

The dabs are amazingly hungry... 3-4ft can be brutal in the sound...just beats ya up all day and terrible for the drift. Way to put some time in.
  3. H

Fishfinder/depth sounder recommendation wanted

Lowrance can have great sales on past models.
  4. H

Deals at online Retailers

...ish... but hand made in Bozeman... you know how expensive it is to live in Bozeman? If everything was made by folks making a living wage while living in paradise... we'd own a lot less sh#+.
  5. H

FS 15’ Smokercraft w/Honda 15 SOLD!

Makes a bunch of sense. Thank you. I have a 19 fiberglass boat and the rollers are so nice for launch and retrieve. I see how the application changes with size and weight.
  6. H

I as well... seems like consensus among wives...
  7. H

Congrats.
  8. H

I guess, as it so light, the bunks are easier to use than on a larger vessel?
  9. H

Thanks Willy. Rollers on the trailer? Thinking bays and unimproved launches for close in exploration with growing family. (Wife and 1 yr old son). Good fit?
  10. H

Hey Willy. Where ya at? I've been trying to work my wife but not sure where you are located. Thx
  11. H

EVA foam decking

Seadek has a couple great sales every year... makes it almost affordable for me. :)
  12. H

EVA foam decking

Check out sea dek. They cut edges at 45. Looks great. Used a lot in marine applications. I have yet to spring for it. https://www.seadek.com/
  13. H

Non-Fly Line Counter Reel Recommendations???

I've trolled with those reels for almost 10 yrs. Parts are cheap and available. They're pretty easy to work on. I had spool release springs go from salt dunking and poor cleaning... fixed em right up and they're still bringing me fish.
  14. H

The good boat deal thread

Not sure if this is a good deal, but sure seems so...hes also got an older affordable Arima... https://olympic.craigslist.org/boa/d/port-angeles-1993-clackacraft-15-drift/7705612266.html