Recent content by HauntedByWaters

1. HauntedByWaters

They DARED TO REMOVE ME

Fly fishing has always been much too self important and the old website is becoming a great example of that. I know this website won’t abort the fun. Via la Travers!
  2. HauntedByWaters

Us and Them (borrowed from new issue of Drake)

Tom, thank you for sharing. I chuckle when young people complain about being bored. Damn fools. I used to wash dishes in a restaurant, and I’d never do it again. I think I am still catching up on sleep.
  3. HauntedByWaters

Us and Them (borrowed from new issue of Drake)

Tom is clearly an expert fisherman. He got us all hooked and doesn’t even care to reel us in. Sometimes you just need to enjoy being a fish on the end of a line, that is all you get.
  4. HauntedByWaters

Stillie gamefish opportunities.

I think the Stillaguamish Tribe would be fully supportive of that.
  5. HauntedByWaters

I’m pretty sure he was the guy I would see at Fortson a lot in the late 90s early 2000s with a full sink fly line and some treble hooks on the end. He apparently learned to blend in with a fly rod a bit more at that point. He was chatty. I was just a kid back then so I remember seeing those...
  6. HauntedByWaters

Lol. Yes I do remember that but had entirely forgotten it until now. I recall when it occurred to me that Joe Brown had not posted that and realizing what was going on. At first I thought it was yet another fisherman with a huge ego posting some bullshit about themselves and hadn’t actually read...
  7. HauntedByWaters

I have not heard this story. Were there a lot of guys targeting them with fly gear? I fished the Stilly a lot over the years and never saw any legal fisherman targeting the chinook. I did see some poachers though.
  8. HauntedByWaters

Skagit 570 Found - On the Skagit tonight

The spey studs I know are using Berkley Big Game these days. Note: I am not a spey stud.
  9. HauntedByWaters

2024 Skagit Steelhead

I was mistaken and thought the limit was around 1600 but it looks like it is closer to 2600 so the season looks more likely to persist until April 17.
  10. HauntedByWaters

2024 Skagit Steelhead

That surprisingly high. The fishery might not make it to April 17th.
  11. HauntedByWaters

Rufus giant!

What a turd!
  12. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

Every once in a while the sun is out and it is heaven. But I will admit those days are rare.
  13. DB3DAFC4-0D67-4ED6-B31C-09FF9DC7DB3E.jpeg

DB3DAFC4-0D67-4ED6-B31C-09FF9DC7DB3E.jpeg

14. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

You forgot the steelhead tattoo. The ultimate display of dedication to the Mountain Dew of fish.
  15. HauntedByWaters

Fish handling

Thats steelhead fishing right there. None of that pansy ass dick tugging smile for the camera bullshit. Men puke, men poop on the river, men deliver their new born baby on the bank. Fucking hard core dick in the ass steelheading fuck it chuck it game time shit. Take it to the boat launch. Dicks...