Recent content by GLassguy2

1. G

Meet on a lake Sat 3/16?

If I am understanding the above reference is that lake free of algae as yet and is parking available these days?
  2. G

Hiking boots and a bit more

I have some Keene hiking boots and they are okay but I have so many other hiking boots I prefer over the Keene. I really like Asolo as a manufacturer but they are more pricey but they last. I also have had some REI branded Raichle that were / are a black leather and they were resoled by Dave...
  3. G

NFR What Are You Reading

I really like Half Price Books and recently purchased Ray Ovington's Tactics on Trout and I am only starting it but it is really a wonderful book on strategy and it was written in 1969 and is very good in technique allinged with European Nymph fishing strategy way ahead of my awareness of that...
  4. G

BOSCH 24v Cordless Tools

I would probably suggest staying with the Bosch batteries and just buy 1 new battery (or 2) and it would still be a screaming good deal of a tool buy. The batteries are just sometimes not willing to be charged anymore. The kit (photo) involves a charger and that is probably all you need...
  5. G

Sharpes Guide problem

Dave, Hang onto the agate ferrule and if you wish, I can solder it after you have changed out to a chrome guide. I can solder it if you wish and then if you change your mind it could be an option down the road. Its an offer to you and again no charge. I often come over to NW Art Glass in...
  6. G

Question for you folks

I have one of those dollys and didn't use it for about 1 year but now use it every time I move my motorcycle trailer out of the side yard and it is EXCELLENT for saving my back and any future hurnia. I use the trailer for yard waste and garbage runs as well as bike transport. I was lifting...
  7. G

Fishing after a major internal clot

I also don't have any similar experience other than a slight stroke a few years ago. Follow the doctors suggestions and remember that if you do follow them there is a chance of more success in recovery and also more fishing to follow. Please take care and know that there are a lost of folks...
  8. G

Post surgical tying

Forgot to address the issue with tying flies.... no problem. Just take it easy and dont do 6 dozen the first day you go back. Keep that exercise "pendulum" in your short list to rest and relax the shoulder when it seems to burn after holding tight or limiting the movement as in fly tying...
  9. G

Post surgical tying

I just discovered this thread. I have had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 2 different times. First in Sept or October of 2007 and then again the same shoulder in about the same months of 2017. Both surgeries were done by the same surgeon and he is incredible. First one only one...
  10. G

Attaching Fly Line to Backing (Welded Loop?)

What about a bimini Twist loop knot? That is what I have been using on backing to line.
  11. G

Pacific NW Fly Fishing Museum

I have a book which is a focus on Pacific Northwest fly fishing legends in fishing and tying. it is called: Fly Fishing Pioneers & Legends written by Jack W Berryman with a forward by Steve Raymond. I initially started reading it about 10 or 12 years ago when I was first a member of NW Fly...
  12. G

Little Update

You are a great guy who has just hit a bump in the road and you have paid attention to it. You have made changes for the better and see the future and I am quiet certain you will come out of all this much the better. Your sharing of so many facets of your life in relation to the industry...
  13. G

What have you done for your boat lately?

Fourbtgait.... I had one of the earlier versions of that dolley and used it on a 10 ft rowboat for awhile. Be careful of how much weight is in the boat as my wheel junctions of the aluminum framework actually disintegrated the junction with the plastic. They have now gone to a plastic wheel as...
  14. G

Small Personal Craft for Rivers

I think until midnight tonight Ed's has a 20% off sale, but I don't know the base price of the 9IR there. The IR9 has 4 9" pontoons versus some of the other pontoons which are generally 2 - 16"pontoons. On a lake, the larger pontoons can be blown around more than a lower profile 9" pontoon...
  15. G

The Last Guide

Wow! beyond my ability to speak of that impact. Incredible person and soul.