Recent content by dirty dog

1. dirty dog

Anyone wanna bank fish some lakes near the Portland area?

I like to bank fish lakes. Walk and wade along the shoreline is the best when possible. Sorry I won't be joining you as I live way south in Glide and I too old, LOL. Welcome aboard mate. There are quit a few good people on this forum and I have fished with a few.
  2. dirty dog

Awesome Dogs of PNW

Here is another pic
  3. dirty dog

Awesome Dogs of PNW

Saturday afternoon my Annabell started having she puppies. She has seven sweet nuggets
  4. dirty dog

Awesome Dogs of PNW

I figured out how to post pics on here yesterday and my female Golden is gonna have a litter of nuggets any day now. So look out for puppy pics
  5. dirty dog

Test

I got a new Ph and it has a great camera, plus access to the internet. I just had to figure out how to post pics on the forum from the Ph.
  6. dirty dog

Test

It worked. I’m always happy when I figure things out. With the help of my wife
  7. dirty dog

Test

Test
  8. dirty dog

The start of Topwater 2024😝

Nice bass there Billy
  9. dirty dog

Flashlight?

Not all flash lights are created equal. I won't buy cheap flash lights, they corrode unless you use them a lot. My son never goes fishing without a head lamp. As for myself. I head for the truck before it starts getting dark.
  10. dirty dog

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

Just to add to the popcorn munching. My son and I were pheasant hunting out southeast of Moses Lake. We stopped to ask permission to hunt some private property and got permission. The land owner told us to stay off the old railroad cause it had become a historical byway / national park property...
  11. dirty dog

a good stuff thread?

The wife and I were watching the movie "Mending the line". Good movie. Anyway during the fly fishing scenes all the actors were using nets before releasing the beautiful Montana trout. She ask why I don't use a net while fly fishing. I told her, because the net is just one more thing I have to...
  12. dirty dog

Rufus giant!

I used to fish Rufus Woods quit a bit and have caught some real whoppers. 10 plus pounders all on flies. The wife and I were out trolling flies around one summer day kinda waiting for the evening bite to kick in, when she hooked into a beast that we could not stop. As she got into the backing on...
  13. dirty dog

Lion Thinning 🎉

Doing a sea lion hide with the hair on would be pretty much hardcore rain proof. I bet those sea lion are greasy. I did some trapping in my younger days. Beaver and racoon are real greasy.
  14. dirty dog

Basic Survival Skills for a Flyfisherman Just Learning to Swim

I remember watching my young life pass before my eyes as I got swept down stream, bouncing along the river bottom. Well thank the river gods for spitting me out on the gravel bar. I learned to swim at a early age and had I not panicked that day I still would have ended up on that gravel bar...